Rolling Gauge

Members online

Didn't you notice you'd pulled off scrim ! Not to worry, I hope she was impressed mate . I took my lady to a see a job that I worked on where there were were four different plasterers , same time works. Only because mine was best :ROFLMAO:
It was a mint house . 2 G** fellas. Big curved walls. Had a libary/study and beams in ceiling that made it look like a union jack when you looked up

Didn't you notice you'd pulled off scrim ! Not to worry, I hope she was impressed mate . I took my lady to a see a job that I worked on where there were were four different plasterers , same time works. Only because mine was best :ROFLMAO:
Thought I had pulled scrim I.d put on for my joint

Instead of skimming to the scrim I put on for where my joint was going I skimmed to one that was onto the joint of plasterboard and pulled that of by mistake
Ah so you were doing the scrim tape join skim thing. It doesn't work, always get a line. Much better to blend it IMO. That's where sponge floats as useful. Nice for blending coats .

Once had a room batterned out for me . ( this builder does it all time for me. Did a big vaulted ceiling and he batterned it out in tiers for me.) Anyway this ceiling was huge . I did it in three with scrim joints. The bastards put cladding up afterwords.
Did another big en and did I scrim joint. . Lovely big house . Took wife back to see house and big crack down ceiling. I.d pulled scrim of a joint by mistake. Luckily he didn't really give a f**k
Haha I skimmed a kitchen ceiling about a month ago crack along the width of the ceiling told the fella I’ll look into that crack seems odd he was like nah no worries mate so I bed abit of render mesh onto it when I’m skimming it 2 days later he rings me up he said great job stew but that cracks come back I said wtf you and missus doing ju-jitsu upstairs he said no there’s no joist there he ripped out the outhouse and knocked the wall down to make the kitchen bigger just put an rsj in and that was it

Haha I skimmed a kitchen ceiling about a month ago crack along the width of the ceiling told the fella I’ll look into that crack seems odd he was like nah no worries mate so I bed abit of render mesh onto it when I’m skimming it 2 days later he rings me up he said great job stew but that cracks come back I said wtf you and missus doing ju-jitsu upstairs he said no there’s no joist there he ripped out the outhouse and knocked the wall down to make the kitchen bigger just put an rsj in and that was it
A happy ending ! :)(y)

If I were to explain the concept of a rolling gauge to my old man he'd say, "that's just normal plastering isn't it?"
Spreads didn't have big tubs and mix one whole bag at a time, let alone three or more. You were always using fresh gear, every gauge was rolling to some extent.

If I were to explain the concept of a rolling gauge to my old man he'd say, "that's just normal plastering isn't it?"
Spreads didn't have big tubs and mix one whole bag at a time, let alone three or more. You were always using fresh gear, every gauge was rolling to some extent.
I can't remember lads I started labouring on flattening first coats

What made you change . You get to slow
Up until 2008 the vast majority of the skimming I was doing was on sand and cement, that didn't get flattened. There was very little board work in the plots I was doing on site. Now I haven't float and set anything much since 2011.

Up until 2008 the vast majority of the skimming I was doing was on sand and cement, that didn't get flattened. There was very little board work in the plots I was doing on site. Now I haven't float and set anything much since 2011.
Just been down your mates shauns . He.s still not painted room I did bout 6years back. . I.ve got proper rough lol. Looks better then wat I did this week

I can't remember lads I started labouring on flattening first coats
Sorry Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Rolling gauge on domestic, pointless.
No need to work like that, if you want to chase money go on site.
I know someone who would do that in order to fit a job into a weekend, while still on working sites during the week.
The explanation and demo was a bit long/detailed but I appreciated it, as I'm never going to do one and it helped me see it in practice and get my head around it.

I have used rolling sets loads...

Basically keep putting on and keep second coating and keep troweling up... end of the day you are finished.... in every sense of the word

Could tear his video to pieces the pva wasn’t tacky he didn’t use blue grit at least who the f**k would want to run around everyone’s bedrooms skimming ceilings in one set weird c**t apart from that great video
Hi Dave how's things with you and yours?