Rollers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_spread

Private Member
Dunno if any of you lads can help but I'm having problems with my Pva roller. The sleeve is fine, albeit a bit hard in places. The problem seems to be with the roller cage. When I'm pva'ing it seems to. 'Jump' on every revolution, I'm thinking it might be a worn bearing or something ???
anyone know if I can just buy a new bearing or would I have to get the whole cage reconditioned ?

it wasn't a cheapo BnQ value one either, I got it in Wickes, it's got their name on it

thanks in advance chaps

think you need to contact the roller rapid technical helpline marra.............lets us know how you get on...................:RpS_unsure:

Dunno if any of you lads can help but I'm having problems with my Pva roller. The sleeve is fine, albeit a bit hard in places. The problem seems to be with the roller cage. When I'm pva'ing it seems to. 'Jump' on every revolution, I'm thinking it might be a worn bearing or something ???
anyone know if I can just buy a new bearing or would I have to get the whole cage reconditioned ?

it wasn't a cheapo BnQ value one either, I got it in Wickes, it's got their name on it

thanks in advance chaps
I think you need to get out more often Irish:rolleyes)

How long you had it mate ? is it the Mk1 or Mk2 ?

The Mk 1's are notorious for the bearings playing up, you'd be as well to put it in for a service and get them replaced, if you try and do it yourself the warranty will be void. :RpS_thumbup:

I got a warranty with my one, an extendable pole and a beep sound to say when its dry, its the deluxe model...

thanks in advance chaps

Send it to me ,as its you I'll repair it for 50 quid.

I had this very same problem a while ago so i sent it into the local paint application tool dealer for a service. Turns out the giggling pin had sheared off the laughing shaft , could of been a nightmare ending up with pva running all down me sleeve an that.:RpS_mellow:

try unifinish no pva needed:RpS_thumbup:.
heres one, how old is your pva roller without having to change sleeve

Roller? We can't afford one of those!

1) Mix P.V.A with water in bucket.
2) Chuck contents on wall.
3) Spread over wall with sleeve.
4) Job done!

Roller probs sorted. Me stupid eastern bitch realised that I should a pit the 50mm screw in the ceiling, not the roller

Status
Not open for further replies.