Rob Jacks Venetian Work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are the pillars finnished after a mechanical buffing

This one is probably the best to show the high gloss shine we were after

Were in middle of a micro cement wet room at min. heres a couple of pics so far. coverage on walls and floor but its protected in pics so not visible

Finally getting roung to updating this thread. weve been mega busy of late so heres a couple of things to show you.

Latest project is an italian restaurant in whitefield, manchester called Angelos (near mcdonalds if anyone knows it)

heres the before pics

20131116_131609(0).jpg 20131116_131649.jpg 20131116_131651.jpg 20131116_131618.jpg 20131116_131624.jpg

heres where were currently at. just need to band the feature wall with cadoro and put some rivielo on the bar desk. So far the bar has had a little work. The joinery was ropey so say the least so we wrapped it in bendy ply to round it all off. two pack filled the join and a little sanding. Primed the whole face and sprayed some black ardesia top and bottom so the end effect really stands out well

20131126_171215.jpg 20131203_104155.jpg 20131203_132204.jpg kitchen.jpg

This isnt a plaster finish but something we have been working on over the last week or so. Creating imitation beams for a terraced cottage. They look the part and are made up from no wood whatsoever

here are the end results

upstairs

Good beams mate what you using to stain these with

I cant quite remember. They are wrote down in the studio somewhere. I think there were three different stains all together

Now those beams look sexy... sorry rob cant see yours as the signal here is terrible

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Very nice work, i'm impressed. If I wanted to learn more about venetian, were would be a good place to go? PM me if needs be, thanks.

Finally get a min to upload some stuff. here you go

Micro cement wet room complete

an early morning pic with lutron light in action

not venetian but we framed and finished this fireplace out in a property. Just putting it in because i like the fire

did the same to this one in another room of the same house

same house again a marmorino to the downstairs powder room

out of interest mate. say for example ur lads room. if u decided u didnt like it anymore. how do you go about changing it? can it be skimmed/painted over or can you put new colours over the top etc?

This is angelos restaurant in whitefield, Manchester. The food is fantastic if you ever get the chance to go in. Whilst there enjoy the walls and feature bar we did. Had to re do the bar in bendy ply before putting the finish on

before

after

1 of 2 feature walls

the other

sneak peak. heres how we get them straight

heres the Pièce de résistance

Primed after bendy ply

then sprayed to make it stand out somewhat

base coat on. Marble top too (not us. someone else did the tops)

coat of colour

another view

against original sample board. nearly there

job done

heres the end result when the bar opened last week

out of interest mate. say for example ur lads room. if u decided u didnt like it anymore. how do you go about changing it? can it be skimmed/painted over or can you put new colours over the top etc?

depends what finish it is. Anything polished like stucco will need sanding so anything new can key to it. after that you can apply a different colour stucco if you like. Any trowel applied paint finishes can be painted over as you normally would. If they have any texture to them though (normally do) then a light sand to flatten

cant remember if this is on but made another poker table. This time a grey stucco with metallic paint card slots. Still need to get a foam band upholstered in leather for the arm cushion

in the house with the 2 fireplaces we did quite a number of jobs there. It was a big house in huddersfield. Here is the bathroom our joiner tiled. To perfection too. we have a regular plumber who did all the water works.

@nickelarse

heres a dining room John did in stucco many years ago and the client wanted a change. She went with this ottacento. We sanded the top coat of stucco off the whole room. re primed the walls then 2 coats of finish and a lacquer

she specified two colours for different elevations within the room

will dig out some more when they are all uploaded. Just updated my photobucket. it hadnt been uploading pics as and when i took them. So just uploading them at moment but its been going for over 2 hours now and still not finished them all

Last edited by a moderator:
top workmanship that, very impressive,
had to have a little laugh at the tiny trowel you were using though.:RpS_biggrin:

great skills.

top workmanship that, very impressive,
had to have a little laugh at the tiny trowel you were using though.:RpS_biggrin:

great skills.

Smallest one is called a kidney. Good for the small awkward bits where a trowel doesnt fit. Makes you feel like a giant when using it though. Cheers for the compliment

Cracking question I have always wondered this....

On wednesday morning John and I drove down to Henley on Thames to meet up with Clayplasterman to do a bit. It was a Japan meets Italy in Oxfordshire event. The job involved a lot of beer in the evening to break up the 2 day project at a bathroom studio called The Outhouse. there were 2 walls and a rectangular pilar/column involved. One wall recieved a japanese polished black izumi with a subtle izumi band and the other wall and column recieved a grey stucco polished plaster with a lighter grey stucco band.

Hats off to Paul as he did a fantastic job of prepping the walls with a base coat before we got there and everything was nice and flat and the floor was all masked up ready too. The owner has a theme of black, white and grey running throughout the showroom and we managed to put something together that both looked great and was to the clients taste. Great to see Paul again. Heres the pics to take a look at

starters

during

Status
Not open for further replies.