Ritmo roadshow is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
the gonna be spraying that new bg plaster? been waiting ages for a demo of this or even spraying finish. We want a machine but dont wanna spend near 7000 without seeing it doing it job. It seems that down in kent there is noone setup to show us this.

Is the Eirth on at BG?

ok looked at the website and it answered all my questions doh!

excited about this! who is doing the display?

Those machines are going to be the danglies if I didn't have to buy tesco value cider every weekend I'd have one end of

the gonna be spraying that new bg plaster? been waiting ages for a demo of this or even spraying finish. We want a machine but dont wanna spend near 7000 without seeing it doing it job. It seems that down in kent there is noone setup to show us this.

Is the Eirth on at BG?

call BG and they got a guy that does the demo's he is really good and yeh they got a place at erith.. the road show will be there so i would just turn up!!

can u bring ur own ritmo along and give it a polish and show it off to people? i was thinking of chroming my hopper, and maybe a custom paintjob.....

Its coming to Sheffield Insulations in Sheffield on the 22nd. I would like to see the Ritmo XL 3 phrase.

It the replacement to the monojet I have and I want to see the improvements if any. If it excites me enough I may well upgrade. That's why.

think blonesy said that they werent bringing the xl....could be wrong tho. The xl in dual voltage is the best of both worlds imo although the 3 phase does come with and onboard water pump. I've just bought an extension hopper which takes it up to 90l, so it'll hold 6 bags or so of parex in 3 phase, next day you could fill her up with 6 buckets of dpr and spray off the mains power with 25m hose on. Yes it's bigger than the ritmo l but for g5 power it's about as compact as it gets I think. A very good machine

the rItmo XL will not be there only due to the fact we can not carry all the machines from PFT . There will be a G4 / RITMO M / RITMO L / RITMO POWER COAT 110 VOLT and the new plaster board cutting machine .

hey darran, drop you're xl up for the day if ur not using her, so i can show people the full family and it would be nice for rita to see her new little sister juanita

Hi Goody, when you say dual voltage is the 110/240 or 240/400? I prefer having the power of a 3 phrase as I often have to do large gables on yer typical Victorian end terrace.

Hi rigsby butt, yes single and 3phase with a switch in the cabinet. if you do mono and base coats then the extra grunt is there on tap. Sometimes I've forgotten to switch it back to 3 phase after doing thin coat and sprayed mono in single phase off the genny for a while and the motor red light comes on and the machine gives up the ghost. Switch it back to 3 and it powers on without a hiccup. When this happens you appreciate the difference between single and 3 phase in performance terms. I like the fact that it powers like a g4 but take her out on the drive on a Sunday for some tinkering and you just flick a switch and plug her into the hallway plug! Never tire of that trick......you never stop grinning flicking that switch, sad but true

Thanks Goody for that advice. I could also be handy maybe if you have a genny breakdown. Isn't it 16amp? That would need some thicker extension cable and if it is 16 amp then maybe run of the mains circuit when the customer is out. Put the kettle and toaster on, on the same circuit and you may have a fire on your hands. Ideally have a trician wire an extension into the fuse board. Do they make 16amp 3 pin plugs?

I maybe wrong about it being 16 amp as I don't know. There was a discussion about this on the L&D forum and Blones gave some good advice about using 16 amp but that particular conversation was about the DFT or UMP1 dual voltage.

Not being picky but if it was a little domestic job wouldn't it be cheaper to chuck a tenner in a genie?

hmm just use the genny or like you said make sure the circuit is free and use the 3 phase cable with the right adapters, i got caught out sparying hardwall when one minute all fine then next dead....run to the socket and the bricky was stood there with a clueless look on his face holding a pot noodle! so reset the trip and carried on only to then stop again 5 mins later. he'd also failed to mention that he unhooked my hose to the barrel to fill the kettle and just left it off.....i mean lordeth talk about blinkers ffs

That's what I mean Blones. It will have it's own circuit off the fuse box. I asked a couple of sparky's about this and running a 16 amp of a 3 pin socket is risky. It will work but the amount of current running around the circuit with other appliances running like kettles, toasters, electric fires, ovens(2 kw) and hobs can make the wires get a bit hot and even melt. Hence my point on it having it's own circuit from the fuse box. Although most modern kitchens have their own circuit so don't plug your extension lead in a kitchen.Then there the extension cable. My 240v ext cables can only take 3.3kw. What wattage is the Ritmo motor. The UMP1 was 4 kw. I have had 110v cables melt on me as well as transformer outlets when running 3 Hilti breakers at 1100w each. Had a 3 pin plug melt as well. Got to think will your insurance cover you for plugging a 16amp plug in a 13 amp socket?

Some interesting points raised here, I am particuarly concerned over the issue of insurance that has been mentioned. The core reason for investing in the Ritmo from our perspective is to provide a team with a small machine that will fit in a smaller van without the need to drag a gennie around too. We cart a 3 phase aoundwith all its requirements in a LWB Transit with little room for much else. Being able to run this machine from a househoulders supply seems an essential part of its requirement,without having to worry about loading and fire issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.