Ritmo roadshow is coming

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv used mine domestically for 2-3 yrs now and iv only ever had power trip a couple of times on newer houses. i just make sure no1 else is running from the same area as me. im sure if u decided to run it with a dishwasher, washing machine, oven etc all going at the same time then it could be an issue, but when does that ever happen? and if it did, ud say can u turn it off....

we use a rcd trip unit there about £20 with a 4mm cable that you get with the ritmo and you will have no problems..

TBH rigsby with a Ritmo m you are able to plug into a standard socket and there is enough power available to get the job done. If there is any doubt about using a more powerful machine from a socket, use your genny and get proper advice from a qualified spark.

Is it a bit of an oversight Would 16 amp run of a house socket in Germany and is the 16 amp single or three phase ?

I remember speaking to a sparky about this and he said something about a domestic circuit is 16 amp but plugs are restricted to 13 amp for safety. You may well be ok so long as no other heavy load is on the same circuit. I don't think asking a woman to turn the washing machine off would go down well though, she make you wait till its finished. Make it clear before you start that there can be no kettles, washing machines tumble dryers etc going when you are spaying. But saying that I think most modern kitchens would have there own circuit. In our kitchen we can have the washer and dish washer going, kettle on, deep fat fryer and oven going at the same time. There must be 6kw there alone.

I use the ritmo m more often than any other machine and have never had the problem you describe there rigger. I have had the same as Nick where it trips out very easily on the occasional job and you can turn the speed down to combat the tripping or run of a generator. 99 % of the time you wont need a generator so hiring it would be economical. (although having a genny available as and when you need it is better)
The older machines that were supplied in single phase were pretty useless plugged in the mains and needed a sparks help or a generator to run properly from my experience.
The single phase dream has arrived in machine world and its the new ritmos that capitalize on the technology available. I could easily do all my machine plastering with just the Ritmo. Get down to one of the shows and make ur own mind up

Personally if I bought a machine I wouldn't without buying a generator apart from doing site work I wouldn't want to start a spray knowing I might have to run down and reset the trip switches or melt the box, the beauty of single phase is you don't have to spend 3 grand on a gennie just a grand

yeah iv got a 8.5k gennie (i think, blones??) about £800-£900 and its saved me a couple of times where power hasnt been possible or weve been on site but i very rarely use it. but its worth every penny coz if u didnt have 1 it would only take a few days in the yr with no power to cost u how much the genny costs.

most of the time on site now i can usually plug in to the 3 phase power aswell

The ritmos are fitted with an inverter so it would be impossible to melt a customers supply as the machine will cut out if you use more amps than the motor is capable of using, this protects the motor and electric supply, it is a good idea to have a generator available to power a ritmo, I was caught out the other day whilst expecting to pour a floor and the ritmo would trip the fuseboard every time, it was an old victorian place with bacolite fuse board so I used a genny next day. But majority of the time the ritmo m on the mains and smiling.

weber fine flow, it was a kitchen about 15²m all over the place, I told the builder I'll do it for nothing if he gets a palette of fine flow and i have what's left, we used 14 left 6 loaded twenty on the van and he said thanks for doing him a favour, sometimes I don't know how I sleep at night. It was the experience of using the material that allowed me to be so charitable.

Forgot to mention he now owes me 12 big ones which is overdue and I haven't had a call for three weeks, bet he sleeps no sweat!

Status
Not open for further replies.