ritmo m spraying monorex roughcast finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
Here's a vid of my recently purchased ritmo m on a roughcast texture job using monorex. As you can see it's a good quality new build with a nice choice of materials(stonework, slate, render etc). The roughcast texture suits the building nicely given it's rugged coastal location and the customer is very pleased with the overall effect. We sprayed the base the day before, knockback with I-section and a little scrape here and there next morning and texture soon after. This is repeated for each elevation for colour consistency. It's plugged into the mains water & power with no hiccups and no water pump. The machine doesn't miss a beat and is perfect for this type of work.

ps excuse the welshy labs commentary.....he's keen enough bless him and a natural on the machine. Oh yes and my lovely complimentary pft overalls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTwEcv578dk

Last edited:
Nice job mate ,looks a good bit of kit and no genny ! i hate the noise of ours drives everyone mad,and we always get the cheer when it,s turned off !

Nice finish, and no ones ripping there bollox out to carry out the work. I like it. Looks like a vibrator would help you out though, have u thought about a few rampant rabbits and som duct tape for that hopper?

Lol, it's the proper word for vaginal fart! Google it

What settings did you use on the ritmo goody?

Queef lol........if only it was available in bottles - "queef, the all over body wash for c***s, don't just act like one.....smell like one!"

Monorex is pumping regular for the base and slower at speed 5 or so and drier for the texture coat. 20 bar back pressure with 15m hose on. Cap 10

Looks really nice Darren . Are you happy with the Ritmo m mate.
Should have bought one ages ago. I was sceptical initially but its blown me away by just doing everything i ask of it with no fuss. Sounds cheesy but I enjoy machine plastering again with this machine. The big 3 phase kit eventually bust one too many b*ll***s and fell out of favour. The ritmo just seems to work for you and not the other way round. The way it should be. To me it's as close to plug & play as you can get and is all most people will ever need.
Right where's my Pft commission lol

Should have bought one ages ago. I was sceptical initially but its blown me away by just doing everything i ask of it with no fuss. Sounds cheesy but I enjoy machine plastering again with this machine. The big 3 phase kit eventually bust one too many b*ll***s and fell out of favour. The ritmo just seems to work for you and not the other way round. The way it should be. To me it's as close to plug & play as you can get and is all most people will ever need.
Right where's my Pft commission lol
You sold it to me !

Last edited:
Looks great but can someone explain why this can be done one day on a smaller area? why do you get colour variation?

Brilliant vid goody, would you be willing to come to the west coast of Scotland? Probably egrade though. Could talk to you about ££££ in a pm..

Thanks man, the west coast of Scotland's a fair old trek mate.....do you not fancy it yourself mate? Maybe with some guidance? Pm me some details

Lol. The lab who shot the vid is history for the dust on it! Actually he is history though.....not turning up, late, sick the whole shabang. All in 5 weeks or so, but hey..... he 'was keen to learn, needed the opportunity' etc blah blah. Silly ****, talk about throwing your future away and not even knowing it, there we are, next

Lol. The lab who shot the vid is history for the dust on it! Actually he is history though.....not turning up, late, sick the whole shabang. All in 5 weeks or so, but hey..... he 'was keen to learn, needed the opportunity' etc blah blah. Silly ****, talk about throwing your future away and not even knowing it, there we are, next
Fkin ell every little turd I get is the same, good young lads are gold dust.

nice work butt

whats the cap size you using on it lash and is it fine (tyro) or heavy (cast) finish - hard to tell from the vid like.
You look like Bobby Gillespie from the scream.

see I like the ritmo but we only just manage with our 20m and 25m hose length on jobs. how you going with 15m like

Bobby who lol? I know about the hose length butt, I used to always use 20m or sometimes 25 with the Xl, have only needed 15 with the smaller machine though. I have confidence it'll handle 20m based on the way it pumps stiff mono out of a sun baked hose after 20 mins down time with no issues. You have to bear in mind that everythings smaller and less taxing with this machine. You can thread the rotor into the stator by hand unlike the 3 phase pumps. The volume of gear being mixed is less, the mixing shaft shorter and lighter. I could rant on listing all it's plus points, but I suppose the best way I can describe the machine is to say its just supremely well balanced and a design that just works.

Ok laa.

So are you ok with the lower output being used to 3phase in the past ? are the R/S doing as many pallets as the 3phase R/S and are they cheaper ?

Primal Scream - Lead singer

The texturing gives the r&s a pasting to be fair spraying drier than normal as you know John butt so not really sure at mo. The b pump that came with the machine has gone through 7 pallets or so but is on its last legs now. I used to go through twisters on the 3 phase machines worryingly fast so switched to a clamped r&s. Practically doubled the usage. I'm going to do the same with the ritmo. Only problem is I gave away my pump tester with the Xl thinking I'd never need it again doh. Only after did I find out clamps were available for the M. Output wise it is slower but still able to get sprays on by usual time. Maybe it's quicker to setup or summat because it isn't a problem. I gotta say though once you spray off the mains power(silent) the whole genny thing is a pain in the rectum. Was putting in £10 of unleaded or so a spray with the Xl. Well you did ask lol :) How's the mini man?

Mini me yeah he is brilliant thanks mate - not big enough to bag the machine yet tho.

I like the sound (or no sound lol) of a genny free option.

whats the crack with the different letters like M L powercoat etc

is there any benefits to texture next day?,only used weber to texture and did it same day,curious to know what you water is set at for texture ?,it seems to hammer r/s to wet though and finish is wrong

is there any benefits to texture next day?,only used weber to texture and did it same day,curious to know what you water is set at for texture ?,it seems to hammer r/s to wet though and finish is wrong

I cant really see what the water is on ours, I just turn it slightly until I get the desired effect on a bit of ply board or summit then off you go. its normally a bit dryer not wetter for texture

you could go up and see LES or Blones for a days training on roughcasting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.