Ritmo m OCR

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
Sprayed weber OCR today on a block work retaining wall 10x2.7m What lovely gear. Sprays superb. One coat one pass with a smidge of filling like mono. Fined down mint. Cheaper than parmurex, a quid & change cheaper than CPI but thats a cruder 2 coat product. To go from blockwork to a finished wall in a day(no scratch coat) ..its well worth the 5 odd a bag.

Yep its tres lush, has a white sand in it which looks a bit plasticy. When you bang your straight edge down the gear doesn't slide off it, hence the one coat mono behaviour.

Sprayed parmurex today after having using ocr for last few months and I couldn help noticing how bitty and draggy it was, it also seems to firm up quickly so spatching down for a scrape finish can be a chew. Ocr has my vote from now on.

I worked out the coverage and parmurex will meed to be around 7.60 to compare with ocr at say 5.50 but unfortunately our parex supplier is going upwards. They wanted 9.40 ish a bag for it last week. What a joke

I know John....my supplier was 8.35 a bag before a 4% hike in April. Suffice to say I ain't with them anymore. Or Parex for much longer if they don't bring out a cheaper ewi board adhesive.
Yep weber OCR is the default grey render of choice.

Last edited:
thats a hellva difference in cost,and lets be honest once the wall is painted the customer and any other folk would`nt know what product you have used.also as i`ve started using my machine instead of hand balling,my outlay for mats in slighty higher then going to merchants and picking up sand,cement and lime.if its a standard s&c type render finish they want then joe bloggs down the road can beat you on your price no probs.do you guys find this as a problem?

If joe blogs priced 40mts of smooth render to block its 2 days for each coat plus materials with ocr its 1 day plus materials

Sprayed weber OCR today on a block work retaining wall 10x2.7m What lovely gear. Sprays superb. One coat one pass with a smidge of filling like mono. Fined down mint. Cheaper than parmurex, a quid & change cheaper than CPI but thats a cruder 2 coat product. To go from blockwork to a finished wall in a day(no scratch coat) ..its well worth the 5 odd a bag.

Did you use a float or sponger finish.

The customer is the fussiest person I've met(and indecisive too) but she can't stop staying how lovely and efficient and beautiful the big walls look. Id go so far as to say its better by machine. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't but it's such a flowing process like mono that the material is applied flatter, worked uniformly and at the same time of readiness for finishing due to speed of application.
Me and a lab with no plastering experience sprayed, ruled and floated up 35m of OCR and was driving home at 4.

nice fish ! we just sprayed 30 mts of mono ala ritmo finished at 8pm hopefully it will be soft in the morning, In...scrape....tickle...faff around...clean... cash please.. bye... get home empty house feet up ahhh

£5 a bag here +vat.

I put a thread on here about it 3 weeks ago. Sprayed luvly but 2 areas where it was perhaps 13mm thick cracked on setting. Cool day about 13c cloudy and no wind. Looked like tearing under its own weight to me. Filled it in when sponging up but although flush it showed as a different colour and let the job down.

Spraying SAS Float next week so will let all know about it. Filled in a hollow area on their pre rend (prep) 2 nights ago on an east wall at 3.30pm and it dried powdery, not impressed. Filled another hollow on the same wall with a bit of SPS C+G and next day hard. Their excuse is rapid hydration. So lets see, 16c 6mm thick at 3.30pm facing east on a waterproof background it is powdery because of it drying out to fast? Better hope for a colder day cloudy day then next week or this 80m2 job could end up a failure.

Thought Weber was full of shite.

All I know is the OCR I've sprayed over block on flat was as productive and flat as mono. I'm very impressed with how it behaved. Serrated rule, slicker, float, sponge, lovely

nice fish ! we just sprayed 30 mts of mono ala ritmo finished at 8pm hopefully it will be soft in the morning, In...scrape....tickle...faff around...clean... cash please.. bye... get home empty house feet up ahhh
Yeah that didn't happen it was soft as doodah in the morning

Blones, I'm spraying parex ehi next week, is it a next day scrape on maite? I trust your judgement Ian, don't let me down now.

I dunno for sure. temp was about 13 degree, i sprayed 2 passes onto concrete block from 4-7 and put some tardex in the second pass. the first mtr or 2 was perfect for rubbing at 8 am so i would say i could of sprayed earlier with tardex or as i did with no tardex.

I did a little sample and it seems like baumit to me, spray early prep in the middle of the day and cut back late, the blokes will be happy!

£5 a bag here +vat.

I put a thread on here about it 3 weeks ago. Sprayed luvly but 2 areas where it was perhaps 13mm thick cracked on setting. Cool day about 13c cloudy and no wind. Looked like tearing under its own weight to me. Filled it in when sponging up but although flush it showed as a different colour and let the job down.

Spraying SAS Float next week so will let all know about it. Filled in a hollow area on their pre rend (prep) 2 nights ago on an east wall at 3.30pm and it dried powdery, not impressed. Filled another hollow on the same wall with a bit of SPS C+G and next day hard. Their excuse is rapid hydration. So lets see, 16c 6mm thick at 3.30pm facing east on a waterproof background it is powdery because of it drying out to fast? Better hope for a colder day cloudy day then next week or this 80m2 job could end up a failure.

Thought Weber was full of shite.

what product J and where from

Status
Not open for further replies.