Risk assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnh

Just been asked to start a job and I have to write a risk assessment . Looked online but it looks like you have to be pay to find out . Anyone know what to put or where to get info

hi john,, we have to do rams for every job on some of our sites,, the risk assessment points out the risks and the method statement says what we are going to do about the risks,, depending on the job the risks are usually to do with heavy lifting,, working at height,, breathing in dust while mixing,, use of power tools,, etc etc,,, all tools to be PAT tested,,, the method statement says how we will deal with any risks,, what tools we will be using and what ppe we will be wearing, etc etc

Are you working direct to the main contractor or as a sub subby?. If your working for say a drylining company then I never supply RAMS or any paper work. They are paying you for labour only. Its their job to sort the paper work and run the job its why they make money. Don't be mugged off in to doing someone else work.

You should be able to get copies off the net, just make sure ur arse is covered, thats what its all about these days mate...

Are you working direct to the main contractor or as a sub subby?. If your working for say a drylining company then I never supply RAMS or any paper work. They are paying you for labour only. Its their job to sort the paper work and run the job its why they make money. Don't be mugged off in to doing someone else work.
That is true Steve ,well put mate :RpS_thumbup:...you been paid yet or moved ?

Not quite true, you are responsible for the welfare of anyone working for you either directly as an employee or, a subcontractor for you. Your method statement is for yours and their protection.

That is true Steve ,well put mate :RpS_thumbup:...you been paid yet or moved ?

Nope to both. Houses is almost rented so looking for somewhere down in Thanet now :(

Not been paid yet but to be fair ive been to busy to sit down and do another take-off of the whole school and all the other pointless stuff they want. Ive already done it once so why again?? Anyways thinking of out soucring it to a QS and getting a company that deals with this sort of thing on the case.

Just don't have the time to do that at the moment what with trying to sort out my family life which is more important

Thanet :RpS_scared: you sure ....sorry if you live in the area :RpS_blushing: no ...i am really sorry if you live in the area :RpS_wink:

Worked for a subby for 20 odd years .been doing mainly domestic for the last 8. Been a bit quiete due to the weather so called a mate. He's got 3 big houses and a pub on. All skimming . I think we,re doing direct to builder. Dreading it to be honest

Highlight risks, what can be done to reduce risk ie ppe cordening off areas ect. What can be done to manage the risk ie to review at a later date/ weekley blah blah .

Status
Not open for further replies.