Rising damp or condensation

CEllio

This stain has been on an inside downstairs corner, against the party wall, for about two years. No sign of mould, no tide marks, no smell of damp, paint slightly flaking off. The room is a bit cold, and has a few small mould spots on the bay window area, but overall the room isn't excessively humid.
damp4.jpg
Does anyone know whether it is rising damp or condensation as I understand they can be hard to tell apart.
damp1.jpg
damp2.jpg
damp3.jpg

If you all read the OP it’s on a party wall
Check with next door maybe kitchen or bathroom backs on to it and is leaking
@Stevieo is right condensation wouldn’t normally blow plaster

This stain has been on an inside downstairs corner, against the party wall, for about two years. No sign of mould, no tide marks, no smell of damp, paint slightly flaking off. The room is a bit cold, and has a few small mould spots on the bay window area, but overall the room isn't excessively humid. View attachment 72621Does anyone know whether it is rising damp or condensation as I understand they can be hard to tell apart. View attachment 72618View attachment 72619View attachment 72620
damp is under 1 metre in hight as gravity takes the water down. over this hight it is condensation.

If you all read the OP it’s on a party wall
Check with next door maybe kitchen or bathroom backs on to it and is leaking
@Stevieo is right condensation wouldn’t normally blow plaster
Yep.

Condensation manifests as mould in the coldest spot in the room. Usually ceiling lines upstairs.

So now it's a process of elimination.

Start by knocking on next door. Pretty much guarantee they've sprung a leak that they're not aware of.

After that, penetrating damp. Especially if you've got that shitty polystyrene insulation. It bridges the cavity. Check the render or/and pointing if that return is external.

I have wallpaper coming off my bedroom. It’s on an outside wall and feel damp and wet. Ive been leaving window slightly open by day and have had a dehumidifier running. The wall is so cold. I did have polystyrene under wallpaper until the decorator removed it. Could this just be condensation no mould anywhere

I have wallpaper coming off my bedroom. It’s on an outside wall and feel damp and wet. Ive been leaving window slightly open by day and have had a dehumidifier running. The wall is so cold. I did have polystyrene under wallpaper until the decorator removed it. Could this just be condensation no mould anywhere

More than likely.

our bedroom at home does not get sun on 2 off the walls and we get wet windows and the walls get wet... we put a dehumidifier on and a rad on and it disappears...

it worked in our favour because we got £12k knocked off the price to fix the damp :D there was no damp at all :D

This stain has been on an inside downstairs corner, against the party wall, for about two years. No sign of mould, no tide marks, no smell of damp, paint slightly flaking off. The room is a bit spider solitaire 2 suit cold, and has a few small mould spots on the bay window area, but overall the room isn't excessively humid. View attachment 72621Does anyone know whether it is rising damp or condensation as I understand they can be hard to tell apart. View attachment 72618View attachment 72619View attachment 72620
I think there's a good chance it was leaking and wet.