Ripped Off

Members online

Maester

Anyone been ripped off lately. Missus had a flat and went to quikfit. Payed 280 for two new tyres. It was just a puncture in one of the front. Told her both front needed doing and that within a month both back would be illegal too. She didn't get them done. How do these people sleep at night?

Anyone been ripped off lately. Missus had a flat and went to quikfit. Payed 280 for two new tyres. It was just a puncture in one of the front. Told her both front needed doing and that within a month both back would be illegal too. She didn't get them done. How do these people sleep at night?
They can also stop you leaving I believe

The trouble is people prey on the people who dont know or dont appear to know what they are doing and the motor trade is soooo well known for it and the tyre fitters tend to be the bottom dwellers for this.

I never go to these places now... they think you have c**t written on your forehead

quick fit, total ripoff, they will try to sell you all kind of stuff that is not needed.

in there defence[slightly] , if you get a puncture in the wall of the tyre it cant be repaired, its a new tyre, this may of been the case. cant fathom the other front tyre mind.

best thing I ever did when I bought the mrs new car was to get the tyre insurance, shes run flat tyres on it and a puncture cant repared so its a new tyre, weve had 2 punctures on it in last year and had replaced free on insurance, each tyre cost £320.

The trouble is people prey on the people who dont know or dont appear to know what they are doing and the motor trade is soooo well known for it and the tyre fitters tend to be the bottom dwellers for this.

I never go to these places now... they think you have c**t written on your forehead
GPS goes to them I think

They just ripped her off. I can see the punctured tyre needing replacing. Think she drove along on it for a half mile or something. But the other one? And then to suggest the rear ones needed doing in a month and to say we're really busy so make sure you book it in etc to make her just get them done there and then. Took a look at the rears and there's fa wrong with them.

Went and got a bathroom in the van the other day and the place I got it off charged me the price including vat and then added vat to that. So charged me vat twice. Went back there and they weren't having it even though it was there on the invoice and the price in their brochure stated including vat. Paid me in the end

ah yes if she drove on it too, it knocks out of shape and has to be replaced.
always on the take it seems big outfits= targets =profit.
I get that many invoices that I have to pay through work, dozens a week, that I check religiously and the amount of errors I spot on a regular basis is frightening.

i went to quick fit with a puncture .....i also had 4 racing tyres !!
£250 for each tyre ....i told them to get a real job.
and raced away.

best thing I ever did when I bought the mrs new car was to get the tyre insurance, shes run flat tyres on it and a puncture cant repared so its a new tyre, weve had 2 punctures on it in last year and had replaced free on insurance, each tyre cost £320.
I think you will find ,you can! Iv have run flats on my BMW I always have them repaired ....

Pirelli p zeros can't be repaired, Pirelli state that. I ain't taking a chance with tyres to save a few quid, and as said there insured when I bought the car new so doesn't cost me anything to replace.

Pirelli p zeros can't be repaired, Pirelli state that. I ain't taking a chance with tyres to save a few quid, and as said there insured when I bought the car new so doesn't cost me anything to replace.
Each to there own buddy,the thread is about being ripped off! That is exactly what's happening with your good self ,why do you think Pirelli say you can't repair them? SO YOU BUY ANOTHER ONE!!! Take it from me you can and it's not just a few quid if you have to pay for it , is it!!.
Fair enough if insurance is paying for them just aslong as your premium doesn't go up,if I can ask we're is your old tire going?should I tell you,to some unsuspecting used tire customer .......being ripped off again,the whole industry is full of it!! :rayos: