Ridiculous Pricing (Domestic Refurb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooksey

Now I know times are tough and some people have been saying they are working for £5 a sqm in some cases etc etc.

Im starting a job on a refurb next week and its a building site at the moment, a plasterer has walked in and gave the customer a quote, saying he will do the job for £130 a sqm (materials already purchased by my customer), customer asked if he was joking, and he said no £130 a sqm, not a day. Which put a few rooms in a bungalow in at thousands. Customer (a builder), told him exactly where to stick it and this spread seemed so suprised as he says he always works of those price and has done all his life.

Seriously how can you get away at charging 130 a sqm for a simple skim, all walls have been scraped, just needs scrimming and a bit of bonding here and there, ceilings allready skimmed and the wall -> ceiling joint doesn't even need taping as its being coved.

Wish I could charge those rates every job, every day.

Now I know times are tough and some people have been saying they are working for £5 a sqm in some cases etc etc.

Im starting a job on a refurb next week and its a building site at the moment, a plasterer has walked in and gave the customer a quote, saying he will do the job for £130 a sqm (materials already purchased by my customer), customer asked if he was joking, and he said no £130 a sqm, not a day. Which put a few rooms in a bungalow in at thousands. Customer (a builder), told him exactly where to stick it and this spread seemed so suprised as he says he always works of those price and has done all his life.

Seriously how can you get away at charging 130 a sqm for a simple skim, all walls have been scraped, just needs scrimming and a bit of bonding here and there, ceilings allready skimmed and the wall -> ceiling joint doesn't even need taping as its being coved.

Wish I could charge those rates every job, every day.

Well if they cannot afford me rates they shouln't call me in the first place :RpS_wink: :RpS_laugh:

What a bullshit story. Can't believe you even bothered typing it out. Have a wee think and ask yourself is this something that actually happened or did I dream it

I dunno JJ Turpin charges them prices lol.
That's how he affords his holidays every month.

He is getting the quote in wiriting, ill get a copy and put it up. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me either. I asked 3 times if it was 130 a day, as surely he must have meant that. He said no, the price for the lounge alone 3 walls, 1 all ready done would be over £1,000

He is getting the quote in wiriting, ill get a copy and put it up. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me either. I asked 3 times if it was 130 a day, as surely he must have meant that. He said no, the price for the lounge alone 3 walls, 1 all ready done would be over £1,000
Would love those rates

Wow thats not a bad rate, how much is his mates rates £129.50 m2,
and thats in our recession hell nos what he will charge in the boom

if he's charging 130 a metre and going to make £1,000 for skimming 3 walls in a lounge then that is one hell of a small lounge. About 2 and a half m2 per wall I make that

There has never been a shortage of bullshitters in this game!

What they roll up in is usually a good indication of how well they're doing
Yeah, dont roll up in your Porsche, not everyone likes that.

What if they roll up in rizlas? If they're a smoker too, then why would it effect whether they accept your price or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.