Retrofit UFH, screed questions

Members online

TheSandman

I'm planning on retro fitting WUFH, I've taken up the ancient 1" screed (which I believe was also the dampcourse) and am thinking of laying...

Self leveling screed (1mm-50mm depth required)
DPM sheet
Profix tray system with screed in
Adhesive & tile

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated

Have you had a look at schluter systems retro fit wuhs ?
I haven't heard of them, the reason I said profix is that you can buy the kits online and DIY, can you do the same with those?
If I remember right it is a 10mms system and cannot see why it couldn't be a di y fit.

Wundafloor
Omni floor
Schulter all very similar, trays and pipes will need priming before screed, then for good measure fit decoupling membrane before tiling

What do you think would be the best way to level the house floor? For the DPM and trays to sit directly on top.
I had someone come round who just does liquid self level leveling screed but he says the variations were too much for him overcome with what he uses?

When you say priming, you mean meaning pressurised yes?
You have to prime the pipes and trays before you screed with primer as the the insulation/aluminium foil on it can react with the screed if you thinking to screed over it at all, or you can use mapei tile adhesive which contains epoxy but it's about 50/bag and you will go through a lot to fill the voids

You have to prime the pipes and trays before you screed with primer as the the insulation/aluminium foil on it can react with the screed if you thinking to screed over it at all, or you can use mapei tile adhesive which contains epoxy but it's about 50/bag and you will go through a lot to fill the voids
I haven't come across that one before? You mean coat all the trays and pipe with primer before pouring screed on?

I haven't come across that one before? You mean coat all the trays and pipe with primer before pouring screed on?
Yes mate, without that only product to go over with is mapei's tile adhesive. When you get a spec from your supplier it will be included in there what materials suitable to cover the trays and pipes.

Yes mate, without that only product to go over with is mapei's tile adhesive. When you get a spec from your supplier it will be included in there what materials suitable to cover the trays and pipes.
What the f**k are you on about, it's plastic trays and plastic pipe. Pump the screed straight into the tray.

If it's quite a few square meters it would pay you to look at pumped liquid screed. Gypsol ts20 would be suitable for this application. This would need to be 20mm minimum depth.

What the f**k are you on about, it's plastic trays and plastic pipe. Pump the screed straight into the tray.
Why you have to come across like a dick every time you comment Mr perfect? Have a look retro fitted ufh then f**k**g comment

Why you have to come across like a dick every time you comment Mr perfect? Have a look retro fitted ufh then f**k**g comment
It's just the way I am.
I've screeded many retrofit systems thanks, the one the op intends to use is a plastic tray that you fill with 20mm of screed and you're advising him to fill it with tile adhesive. Perhaps it is you that needs to research UFH a little closer.

It's just the way I am.
I've screeded many retrofit systems thanks, the one the op intends to use is a plastic tray that you fill with 20mm of screed and you're advising him to fill it with tile adhesive. Perhaps it is you that needs to research UFH a little closer.
Great to have you on board (y)

If it's quite a few square meters it would pay you to look at pumped liquid screed. Gypsol ts20 would be suitable for this application. This would need to be 20mm minimum depth.
I need about 80m² pumping in first to get the house floor like a snooker table, ranging from 1mm-50mm, having difficulty finding someone to do it near me (Merseyside), not too confident doing it myself.
I don't mind putting the screed in the trays though.

I need about 80m² pumping in first to get the house floor like a snooker table, ranging from 1mm-50mm, having difficulty finding someone to do it near me (Merseyside), not too confident doing it myself.
It's a large volume of material to mix and lay, for both applications. It requires a mixing pump. Ryan on here from one stop should know of someone in your area with the equipment and experience. I think he also supply's the screed now to.

It's a large volume of material to mix and lay, for both applications. It requires a mixing pump. Ryan on here from one stop should know of someone in your area with the equipment and experience. I think he also supply's the screed now to.
Who's Ryan? Where would I get in touch with him?

Why do you need it snoker table flat first.... put any insulation down you need, put your pipes down then screed it to varying depths. I think your over thinking it without wishing to be rude. If you need someone to do it five Andy owen of TASC holdings a call. Tell him Alan Jackson suggested him. He's pretty good at these sorts of jobs and for 80m2 you should be able to get a decent price

http://tascholdings.co.uk/#contact

Why do you need it snoker table flat first.... put any insulation down you need, put your pipes down then screed it to varying depths. I think your over thinking it without wishing to be rude. If you need someone to do it five Andy owen of TASC holdings a call. Tell him Alan Jackson suggested him. He's pretty good at these sorts of jobs and for 80m2 you should be able to get a decent price

The reason for wanting it flat is that I'm using the trays above and you only screed to the top of them. So if I can get the screed flat then everything else should be not far off

Sounds like you're sold on them so I'll say no more. Liquid screed would be the best and cheapest way to level the floor and then top the trays though.

surely its simple. weve just done one...

3rooms into.1... weber latex poured.. 90bags...
then fibreboard with grooves for pipes. then you can either ply on top and plug screw or latex again then tile.. job done

3 rooms knocked into 1.
40m2 ranged from 20mm to 48mm. used weber 4360 fibre flow
I'd be interested in what sort of cost that involved. It would have needed around 1.2m3 of readymixed ts20 pumped screed. I would think this option would be cheaper by about 50% but not sure what sort of labour would be involved in the bagged system. Probably 2 guys for a day?..

What do you think this is going to cost me?
Just had 2 quotes back a bit over £3000 for a liquid DPM primer followed by a LevelFlex screed
(80m² with an average 25mm depth)
Anyone think doing it myself would be difficult? I reckon I'd save 1k-1.5k on those prices

What do you think this is going to cost me?
Just had 2 quotes back a bit over £3000 for a liquid DPM primer followed by a LevelFlex screed
(80m² with an average 25mm depth)
Anyone think doing it myself would be difficult? I reckon I'd save 1k-1.5k on those prices
if im honest... approx 3k is about right... if its bagged gear...
1 day to datum and prime...
2nd day 3 men 1 bagging machine 1 holding hose 1 pouring and poss 1 dabbing

Ts20 is about £230 per m3 readymixed nd delivered then cost of pump hire would be about £450. So materials and plant about £1000 plus your labour 2 blokes 1 day say £500 tops... bit for polythene membrane edging strip and tape maybe another £100.

£3k sounds higher than readhmixed but not massively OTT for bagged

Currently thinking going about this a little differently;

Tilemaster Pro Flow to level off (goes straight on, no primer or DPM required below it but get a team in to do it)
1200 DPM sheet on that with the trays in (by me)
LevelFlex in the trays (by me)
Tile on top

Should get this done under 2k

Anyone foresee any problems with this?