Reskimming after damp work

Liljo

I've had some damp proofing done in my property last week. They used a chemical DPC, rendered with a sand and cement mix with waterproofer and skimmed over the top. The problem is the quality of the top coat is awful. The company have come back and just sanded loads of places, so of course it still looks awful. Short of getting them to rip the whole thing of and start again (which they've told me they won't do) it seems like the best option is to reskim the whole thing. I've been told it needs to dry for 6 month before it can be painted and even then I should only use trade emulsion with no vinyl. As reskimming it would need the walls to be pva'd I'm worried this will just seal the walls so the render and plaster won't dry out properly. Any recommendations on the best approach to resolve it?

The pictures don't quite do it justice but here's one for a start
20220302_213942.jpg

Never understand why most firms only patch the plaster! You cannot wallpaper for 12 month's a dpc so the joint will look bloody awful painted..

Never understand why most firms only patch the plaster! You cannot wallpaper for 12 month's a dpc so the joint will look bloody awful painted..
If you can't wallpaper it, would that mean effectively you couldn't reskim it either?

If you can't wallpaper it, would that mean effectively you couldn't reskim it either?
Yes you can re-skim it. Any decorating done in the 1st 12 months must be classed as temporary. It can be painted with a breathable paint after 6 weeks and papered after 12 months as the wall has to be allowed to dry out thoroughly.

Yes you can re-skim it. Any decorating done in the 1st 12 months must be classed as temporary. It can be painted with a breathable paint after 6 weeks and papered after 12 months as the wall has to be allowed to dry out thoroughly.
Thats bollox

Thats the spec of the manufacturer.
They know f**k all lol
Had bloke in paint shop other day insisting I need contract emulsion on fresh plaster as it needs to be able to breath. I said it a skim on board in a heated house that's been dry for 2 weeks. Wife looked at me ii said get the paint what ye wanting it be fine . I painted load of plaster on board and backing plaster and never had a prob if it's turned pink . Only time you.l get a prob isif there's a existing damp prob imo and that eould show anyway.

f**k me that was a long post

They know f**k all lol
Had bloke in paint shop other day insisting I need contract emulsion on fresh plaster as it needs to be able to breath. I said it a skim on board in a heated house that's been dry for 2 weeks. Wife looked at me ii said get the paint what ye wanting it be fine . I painted load of plaster on board and backing plaster and never had a prob if it's turned pink . Only time you.l get a prob isif there's a existing damp prob imo and that eould show anyway.

Never take advise from someone on the minimum wage.

They know f**k all lol

Eh?