Reskiming prices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know who they are working for at 1.70 in Northampton jeanclaudgyproc? I do quite a bit in that area and didn't think the prices had got that bad here. You got me worried.

yes mate jp martin drylining dont bother monthly pay aswell to top it off!! i know hes going to be advertising for local labour aswell my mate works for them but hes on a day rate permanent doing all the shite no one wants to

im getting 6 psm on refurbs at the moment thats dab and skim best prices ive come across round here for ages but i would expect 4 psm on overskims , i know subbies who are only getting 1.70 on skim at minute onto board and travelling to northampton for it
Lol what a bunch of stupid *****

cant believe it myself 10 quid a day towrds your diesel just to help you out with the 150 mile a day round trip and a sausage roll to keep you going

I like to round up to the nearest £1000. I don't feel my time is worth any less. They should count them selves lucky I even answered the phone

yes mate jp martin drylining dont bother monthly pay aswell to top it off!! i know hes going to be advertising for local labour aswell my mate works for them but hes on a day rate permanent doing all the shite no one wants to
If I replied to his add it would only be to tell him to get his driving the price down bull **** out of my area. If the bloke I subbed to in Northampton new this he would be slashing my prices pronto. He already pays monthly so he'd probably go to quarterly or something just as fecking ridiculous.

firm i sub off are mustard for paying and looking after there blokes:RpS_thumbup:

£1.70m2 is an absolute insult you have got to put at least 10 bags on a day anything less your gonna starve, contractors like these need shooting.

If I replied to his add it would only be to tell him to get his driving the price down bull **** out of my area. If the bloke I subbed to in Northampton new this he would be slashing my prices pronto. He already pays monthly so he'd probably go to quarterly or something just as fecking ridiculous.
just steer clear mate i did some for him lasted 2 weeks and i used the sausage roll to wipe out with :RpS_laugh:

Do you know who they are working for at 1.70 in Northampton jeanclaudgyproc? I do quite a bit in that area and didn't think the prices had got that bad here. You got me worried.
Im Northampton too,pulled up on a finished site last week and got chatting to the painters,they said the skimming was shite! skrim showing etc. Told him they probably got a **** price so they one coated.If thats the kinda m2 rates theyre working on then I aint surprised.

if you are going to price work for contractors, remember there will be stoppages, tax, retention, main contractors discount waiting for payments,and a load of other aggro. i would NOT be going down that road.

I gave up pricework in london mostly, went on day works,charging £440 for a 2 and one gang, thankfully it keeps coming at the minute, the advantage of daywork sometimes is that the builder asks can you help us with this ,that and the other and of course we do help with loading out, under pinning,demolishing ,putting in lintels, filling skips etc..

Are you doing domestic or site work?
Sorry mate only just caught this, that is site work and I really make a point of arks and skirts being removed etc. providing they are being replaced obviously. Done a lot of school work recently and they always seem to leave staples everywhere, white boards up and even there work is on the wall.

Im Northampton too,pulled up on a finished site last week and got chatting to the painters,they said the skimming was shite! skrim showing etc. Told him they probably got a **** price so they one coated.If thats the kinda m2 rates theyre working on then I aint surprised.

i have seen a lot of this recently and on the other hand I have seen some right rough painting. All probably for the same reason, the price! Do you do much contract work in Northampton? If so who for?

Some of these prices getting thrown around here are shocking, £2-£3 a m2 so folk would be happy knocking out a 2 coat 40m2 ceiling for £80 - £120? Like **** i would.

I went and did a 43m2 ceiling the other week, had to be done on a sat and the guy said have a look while you are there because there is loads more to do so if you are free over the next few weeks maybe do a few days. I did the ceiling in 2 hits and by the time I'd scrimmed and set my water up that is all I did. The joke of it is it was by far the biggest area on the job and all the other areas had at least one bit you couldn't finish but this is just the way it is on sites at the mo round here. We just keep plodding through and it generally pays. I think the key for us is we always mix up the same amount the same number of times a day and we just shift it! Only problem is sometimes you are running between rooms sometimes diff floors and that's when your work can face compromises.

None in Northampton,mostly MK,and further down toward Luton,Hatfield etc. The work is getting further away all the time and you end up doing 100 mile + round trip for 140 a day minus tax,diesel etc so lucky to end up with 100 after a day of **** areas,slopes and angles galore! and sat on the road for up to 3 hours a day if your lucky! Dont know any contractors in Northampton but heard theyre mostly not worth workin for

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.