replies to problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spreads
I have noticed over the last couple of months that the forum is getting a little bit silly.
A fellow plasterer puts up a sensible post asking for help and advice and after the first couple of decent replies it gets down to who can post the "wittiest" response and then who can out smartarse them!
I realise that we need a bit of banter and frivolity but surely the main reason for this part of the forum is to pass on a bit of knowledge without making the threader feel like a proper numpty.
I suppose this will open the floodgates now for all the usual contributors to have a pop. And that just proves my point.

Spreads
I have noticed over the last couple of months that the forum is getting a little bit silly.
A fellow plasterer puts up a sensible post asking for help and advice and after the first couple of decent replies it gets down to who can post the "wittiest" response and then who can out smartarse them!
I realise that we need a bit of banter and frivolity but surely the main reason for this part of the forum is to pass on a bit of knowledge without making the threader feel like a proper numpty.
I suppose this will open the floodgates now for all the usual contributors to have a pop. And that just proves my point.

Yep i agree but like you said after they have got the answer to the question the banter starts, cant see anything wrong with that aslong as the OP has got what they asked for.

It's always been like that for years. In fact to be honest the forum has improved of late with a lot of good advice being handed out by some experienced people. Some of the posters are quIte new. If the advice gets delivered with a bit of banter so be it....

I find the balance just right, advice is forthcoming if the question is not obviously stupid/pisstake, and the banter is brill instead of being deadly serious all the time, this i find on some forums.

It breaks the monotony of talking about the same thing we do day in day out, its all harmless banter that is mostly received in good faith.

I do believe that the subject is dealt with in a professional manner first and foremost

As said , if the op is asking a serious question it usually gets answered within the first few replies, then I don't see the harm, its a difficult and sometimes tedious job, so a little fun along the way stops Jack n Beddy from becoming a dull boy

And mrmacgypsum please use the forum correctly. This is the general plastering section. I feel your thread would be more suited in the public bar area of the forum
Thank you

Also most of the times new posters come on asking the same old questions that have been asked numerous times but they cant be arsed looking so what do you expect?

what seems like a stupid question to one person may not be to another so i try to stay open minded when reading such posts and if i reply i try to give a sensibleish answer. BUT some of the questions i have seen on here the people asking them don't deserve to own a trowel

Spreads
Here's some advice ,FOOK OFF....................ooooops, guess i just proved your point.:RpS_blushing:

Im looking for a cement mixer if anyone locals got one for sale?

I've got a Winget 150T spare if you're interested, it looks shabby but is an excellent machine. I've had it from new and had it serviced regularly. And best of all as you're a nice fella I'll let you have it for a knock down price.

Thanks for the offer andy but ive just googled it and I'd need a new lock up just to store it. Plus I dont think otd fot in my van haha. Im just looking for a belle type mixer. I probably won't use it a great deal just want one for when I do

The reason you get silly replies to posts are because some of the posts are from people who from the tone of the post have just done a weeks course and are trying to use the experience of plasterers who have been in the game for years and learn the hard way.

We are all chasing a smaller piece of the cake so please forgive us for getting a bit rattie sometimes. Its not the fault of the coursers or the experienced plasterers its the system and it sucks!

I do not answer many questions, i`m fick and don`t no the answer myself, so wen some one answers i get my info that way, so please be genitle to us lesser minded mortals.

Thanks for the offer andy but ive just googled it and I'd need a new lock up just to store it. Plus I dont think otd fot in my van haha. Im just looking for a belle type mixer. I probably won't use it a great deal just want one for when I do

you can get some canny bargains on gumtree

You haven't got a cement mixer Steve? :-0

Yeah it does take up a bit of space which is why I want it gone. Although my present one takes up even more space.

i dnt have a cement mixer either.......i did and i lent it to a mate for one day and a year later he paid me out for new one cos hed facked my one.............i never bought another though

ive got a cake mixer, or so clients keep telling me:RpS_cursing:, will they never learn thats not a funny joke

i dnt have a cement mixer either.......i did and i lent it to a mate for one day and a year later he paid me out for new one cos hed facked my one.............i never bought another though

So are you interested in buying mine? Obviously you're nowhere near as nice a bloke as Beddy so it'll be more to you. Nothing personal like.

i have a spare mixer but i'am in south wales !, i love the old diesel -mixers, i would love to have a restored antique one to listen to for a few minutes every day ! :).
this forum is great compered some of the tiling -one ffs they are so strict ! it can get very -boring !! good balance here .......

i love the old diesel -mixers, i would love to have a restored antique one to listen to for a few minutes every day !

Lol......... you know what, I never thought about it before, but I like the sound as well. Fkin sad or what!!! :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.