Repairing blown plaster under bay window

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_indio

Now then....
Have some blown plaster under the downstairs front bay window in 1900s mid-terrace.
I don't think I'm up to rendering/scratch coating so was wondering if it is ok to remove this and simply replace with plaster board and then a skim?
If so, do I need to get a specific type o' board?
How do should I attach to the brickwork? Dot n dab or battens?
Cheers!

Thermaline plus foam adhesive tea and biscuits skim away tidy up 'spoons for lunch go home nob the missus walk the dog rest of the day is yours my friend

If it's free of damp ,you dan dot and dab,,just fill the joints and sand them,then paint.ordinary plasterboard would do,insulated is better (warmer)

Cheers for the help!
Wasn't sure what to do tbh, had read about dots showing up as dark patches in cold weather.
Needed advice from the experts. Don't think this old renders going to last much longer.

Cheers for the help!
Wasn't sure what to do tbh, had read about dots showing up as dark patches in cold weather.
Needed advice from the experts. Don't think this old renders going to last much longer.
Yep good chance you will get cold spots from the dabs either Batton and use insulated boards or sand and cement.

Yep good chance you will get cold spots from the dabs either Batton and use insulated boards or sand and cement.
Lots of jobs I am on are dabbing straight onto brickwork ,personally I'd prefer a scratch coat of sand and cement first,
Ps you can dab on with tile adhesive so that water ingress doesn't travel through to the plaster board

Lots of jobs I am on are dabbing straight onto brickwork ,personally I'd prefer a scratch coat of sand and cement first,
Ps you can dab on with tile adhesive so that water ingress doesn't travel through to the plaster board
It will still leave cold spots and they don't dry out

Yes probably ,it's not my way to do it, I like a waterproof scratch but I have done some really expensive houses and they dot and dab directly on old brickwork some tried dabbing foil back board, guess how that worked out
Haha dabbing foilback brds, bloke i worked with years ago dabbed a whole room with them once, went bk next day only had to lean on them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.