repair

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
is there anyway of repairing k-rend a mate of mine has 2 cracks snaking down from 2 concrete sills about 2ft long thanks

fixing k-rend is a nightmare as any repair will allways show up, i had a problem with my place in spain but was quite lucky as the crack was perfectley vertical, I cut out either side of the crack and left a 10mm channel, i then placed/stuck some electricians U conduit in the channel and it now looks like an expansion joint

it sounds to me that the blockwork has gone behind the render mate so if you fix the cracks they will come back again

if it`s under cill,it`s probably a stress crack.they prob did`nt use mesh under windows.unless you hack off all the render under the window,mesh and re-render,they will allways come through.

monocracking.jpg
if it`s under cill,it`s probably a stress crack.they prob did`nt use mesh under windows.unless you hack off all the render under the window,mesh and re-render,they will allways come through.

totaly agree with this i have been asked to fix this on a bellway job in LAAndon i have said it needs hacking back and relaying the blocks or use steel pins and 2 pack resin then patch up with mono and mesh then i am going to put a thincoat system with complete mesh over the whole elevation have a look at the sh£t cills bellway have put on also they are discolouring the render as no drips on them so we will have to replace all these with artstone cills

have used the rend it , its the bollox , repaired a house front in a row of 4 last year you cannot tell which one has been done !

they do an overcoating paint too , they can match any colour you just need to send them a physical sample

priced the paint about two months back for a non standard colour he wanted £90 quid ish for the paint blends the colours out away from any repairs so you cant notice as much. never used it though I had an issue on a small panel so it worked out cheaper to do it again than buy the paint

Status
Not open for further replies.