repair to concrete ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballsdeep

hi,fellas,i'm repairing a concrete ceiling this week, where chunks have come out & the resi bars are showing. i got all the rust of the bars & they have had 2 coats of hammerite redoxide. will bonding adhere to it? also i've scrapped off the original tight coat of bonding & skim which had blown. will i need to pva the smooth parts of the concrete ceiling & also the parts where chunks of concrete have come out? cheers

Yes pva or sbr the exposed metal and smooth exposed concrete,bonding will adhere just fine ,just let the adhesive get tacky before applying bonding,hope this is of help ballsdeep

beton kontact u must have worked in the fatherland haha spent near 10 years there myself good stuff it is pity cant get uni H here coz thats sticks like s**t to a blanket ......thistle bond it same thing anyways

wba from wickes is made by knauf micky. so its pretty much the same stuff in a different tub

yeah aint got a wickes near me ill check that one out ...used a primer from the trad lime company about a month ago like a white sealer with the sand texture in client supplied it looked like a watered down version of bond it £109 for 10 litre tub F**k good job i wasnt supplying eco friendly though yeah right was german also but i never came across it when i was there

Status
Not open for further replies.