rendering

Members online

It is usually when the sun is at about 1 o'clock position. It will show every ripple, hollow, defect.

There is a gable near me what looks perfect. 7.30 am and it looks that bad you would be lucky if you get paid if you had done it.

It's how the sun revolves around the earth and ANY render only with a few mm imperfections look awful as the shadow created exaggerates these making them appear much worse than it actually is. Anyway that's what I tell my customers even if it's dull and cloudy before speeding off with all the cash lol

Someone put these on a Facebook group iam on lovely work first class I must raise my standards

Attachments

• IMG_1858.JPG
    IMG_1858.JPG
    350.9 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 480
i like to use the sun as a test. Thin coat can look absolutely flawless with the sun side on. Not always the case but its good when it is :D

i like to use the sun as a test. Thin coat can look absolutely flawless with the sun side on. Not always the case but its good when it is :D
I've honestly never seen absolutely flawless render with glancing sunlight across. Most look s**t hot 99% of the day until that sunlight is directly across the wall even if you put a straight edge up and you can't see any gaps behind it you can guarantee the sun will still show it up, Happens with facing brick, glass, gyproc, new car paint - sun magnifies every slight imperfection making it look 10x worse than it is when it's at the right angle.

I've honestly never seen absolutely flawless render with glancing sunlight across. Most look s**t hot 99% of the day until that sunlight is directly across the wall even if you put a straight edge up and you can't see any gaps behind it you can guarantee the sun will still show it up, Happens with facing brick, glass, gyproc, new car paint - sun magnifies every slight imperfection making it look 10x worse than it is when it's at the right angle.
Theres something about the small aggregate in thin coat that hides slightly uneven base coats. I'm not blowing smoke up my own arse its a fact. @Orangemachineman @Dansouthcoast84 will back me up it can look absolutely flawless.

I'm not doubting you mate I've personally just never seen it. I've seen so much work that looks amazing until that 20-30 minute window when the sun is acutely across it - whether it be dry dash - mono - thincoat on board systems or traditional float finish I've never seen perfection in tough lighting conditions.

I'm not doubting you mate I've personally just never seen it. I've seen so much work that looks amazing until that 20-30 minute window when the sun is acutely across it - whether it be dry dash - mono - thincoat on board systems or traditional float finish I've never seen perfection in tough lighting conditions.
Fair enough mate. You're a full time renderer youve got a lot more experience than me. I see it as flawless maybe others don't :-/

anyway on a more interesting subject I've been paid out on the insurance and got a Santa Cruz Nomad C. She's a beaut. Fox Talas 36, RP23 shock both kashima. XO groupset, Hope m4 brakes. Can't wait to get it out!!! :numberone:

@Olican wasn't it you that said a while back about some guys you worked with who were doing k-rend since it was out and still got shadows with sun across?

Last edited:
@Olican wasn't it you that said a while back about some guys you worked with who were doing k-rend since it was out and still got shadows with sun across?

Yes bud that was me , there are two large firms near me that do nothing but mono, most of their lads can't skim or use s@c to a reasonable standard. My former work partner did his apprenticeship with one of those firms and he knew mono inside out, he would get a finish as near to flawless as possible. I agree though if you shone a light across the surface of any product you will see the devils shadow.

I find its the flat finishes that highlight the shadows more. Render such as pebble dash/roughcast tend to disguise it better

I find its the flat finishes that highlight the shadows more. Render such as pebble dash/roughcast tend to disguise it better
Ahhhh bless the creators of woodchip.
They spray the walls over here with a hopper and gun giving similar disguise for shoite internal work.

Fair enough mate. You're a full time renderer youve got a lot more experience than me. I see it as flawless maybe others don't :-/

anyway on a more interesting subject I've been paid out on the insurance and got a Santa Cruz Nomad C. She's a beaut. Fox Talas 36, RP23 shock both kashima. XO groupset, Hope m4 brakes. Can't wait to get it out!!! :numberone:

You will enjoy this I've had one pretty much the same spec but xx1, I miss it like hell

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 347
Time I've shagged about doing a days plastering malarkey, I'm too shagged to get out on a pushbike!!
Think I'm gonna let work slow,down and get me one of those, and get fitter!

Hi

It's a nice way to spend your time the views are great
The down hills make you smile with a big cheesy grin and the up hills keep you fit. The only Down sides cost of a bike like that and when you come off your shifting most of the time the last time I did Brocken ribs and Gravel rash all over of the trail.

I stopped riding mate I miss it very much as I've had
A lot of bikes from when I was a child I raced xc. I also climb for a hobby and only get so much time .
That's a shame. Get another bike and give it a go again.
Indoor climbing or the real deal? Done a bit of indoor. Enjoy it a lot but never seem to keep it up. Bloody hard though

That's a shame. Get another bike and give it a go again.
Indoor climbing or the real deal? Done a bit of indoor. Enjoy it a lot but never seem to keep it up. Bloody hard though

Hi
I climb indoors in the week . I do outdoors to I love multi pitch trad climbing I do a little sport climbing and bouldering too. I will have a bike again but have
Just got a ritmo and it's left me skint and need a new van and car so it will be a bit before I do.