Rendering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mem

Got a job comin up where it is new block work on a ext , got to match sandtex finish , so was goin to bead up with 10 mm stop beads and do a one coat sand and cement with waterproofer , and sponge finish as normal , what u chaps think any advice pls thanks

Do u mean the weber bagged stuff , never used it m8 what is it like to use , setting times and rubbing up ? How much is it ? Will it be more than s&c , got about 45 m2

Not sure mate, never used it myself. As I understand it (I could be wrong) it is designed to go on in 1 coat.

OCR = One Coat Render.

It's good stuff it would cost more but it's made for one coat application so prob better of using ocr I find it better to give it two passes with this stuff first pass nice and tight 2nd thicker just treat it as you would s+c rule float sponge

Thanks for the advice Ivor , goin to way up now what do , material cost for OCR , against cheaper s+c but 2 coat =more time , job price already set

Thanks for the advice Ivor , goin to way up now what do , material cost for OCR , against cheaper s+c but 2 coat =more time , job price already set 

How did you price the job without knowing what system you were going to use?

It's a orangery , I do them for a firm and its mtr price m8 went in to it blind didnt no about sandtex till we got there to look ! It took some sortin out for them to cover extra cost of sandtex , never mind ocr , so it's goin to be s+c , just want to get in now and get it done start this fri .. 1 of those headache jobs .

It's like a thick paint can trowel it on , spray or roll it , u can get different rollers then which create different patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.