rendering temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

hi , whats the min temp that you can render outside to try to prevent cracking and failing? is there any certin mixer for diffrent temps? its a outside of a house just taking old render off and it neds re doing thanks lads.

I think it's about 8 degrees Celsius, but we all - I mean some will put it on at much lower temps:-0

So I take it -1 is is too cold , is there any specifics for when its colder than 8 degrees? Like diffrent mixes or do u add stuff to mix to help get a good finish?

generally the temp guidelines are 4 degrees on a rising thermometer ie, if its going to drop below that overnight then dont render.

If you read the rendering posts on this topic board called 'should i do it or not' and 'here we go with the weather' you wouldv found your answers there

i got specs for 4 on dryvit renders and 3 on their ewi renders and a parex spec of 5 for renders but i aint ever had a spec for 8 on mono. whos specied that to you grand? just done a mono parex with a 5 degrees spec.

I was taught in college for general rendering with cementious product that 4 was a benchmark

how about a small patch in this -1 weather! we haev a patch to do and customer is pushing us to do it as he wants to paint his house next week!

i got specs for 4 on dryvit renders and 3 on their ewi renders and a parex spec of 5 for renders but i aint ever had a spec for 8 on mono. whos specied that to you grand? just done a mono parex with a 5 degrees spec.

I was taught in college for general rendering with cementious product that 4 was a benchmark

sorry mate in english?

help!!

sorry mate in english?

im the only soft c**t whos got a dead line for wednesday? two 4 bed house's to finish in south liverpool just skimming old lath walls , in box me ya day rate if u want to jump on it with me. any way im off to work !!!!!!!

There is an additive called frostproofer and feb together which can be added into the mix, but the problem is the temp still needs to be about 6 and if it stays like that its fine to add the wintamix/frostproofer

Status
Not open for further replies.