Rendering scratch and top same day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freerider

As above, I know you can internally but on external work (small amount) can you scratch in the morning, let firm up, then top in afternoon? and still get a nice rubbed up even finish?

cheers

You could take my answer as I wouldnt if i were you. but then i am not you so you could try it, that doesnt mean to say that i would try it tho. does this help?

Seriously pal if you want to save time on stuff like this you should swith to an ocr product. thats what they do save time and go on in one hit. try krend or weber basecoats you will love em

plasterjfe said:
You could take my answer as I wouldnt if i were you. but then i am not you so you could try it, that doesnt mean to say that i would try it tho. does this help?

Seriously pal if you want to save time on stuff like this you should swith to an ocr product. thats what they do save time and go on in one hit. try krend or weber basecoats you will love em
can you finish the basecoats the same way as sand and cement plaster i know they go down thinner than normal cheers

chuck it on at around 10mm or you can go thicker if you like. you can float it off or I bar it back etc but if you used to ruling and floating then try this out first it will finish the same

plasterjfe said:
chuck it on at around 10mm or you can go thicker if you like. you can float it off or I bar it back etc but if you used to ruling and floating then try this out first it will finish the same
can you sponge it up aswell mate

you can use it in two coat form ie, scratch and top for depth but onto blockwork say on a new build I try and get away with 8mm. krends uf base is reportededly ok at 6mm but I dont like this idea, but for one coat at 10mm its on in one hit, peasy.
ive used weber ocr at 10mm loads of times onto block

A mate was asking me the other day why your supposed to leave the scratch 24 hours or more and either I have forgot the reason or never asked the reason in the first place.

A scratch coat has to be allowed to dry ,shrink back and form a bond naturally to a substrate before you can top coat ,basically if you want something to stick and hold to something it has to have a solid base ,adding weight to something that's not fully adhered to a substrate may cause problems . ;D

church said:
A scratch coat has to be allowed to dry ,shrink back and form a bond naturally to a substrate before you can top coat ,basically if you want something to stick and hold to something it has to have a solid base ,adding weight to something that's not fully adhered to a substrate may cause problems . ;D

They probably told us that in college but I never listened cos it was as f*ckin boreing as it could get.

I hope they have sorted it out these days. We used to spend half our time writing about plastering

Thats the last time I do that in a day, talk about drying out in patches, was sponging up dry as fook bits whilst rubbing up sopping wet areas! not worth the hassle!! :D

Do travis perkins stock ocr and how much is a bag? can u use it as a dash reciever? i have to repair alot of patches of dashing and doorbands for the council so i could save alot of time doing it in a one-er!

Status
Not open for further replies.