rendering problems / any suggestions please

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stan the man

hi, this is my first post on here as i am not a very active user.
i have recently done a render patching job where the customer had new windows fitted to a three storey house - five windows in all. the builder took the old windows out from the outside and so we had to come in and make good the render around each window.
it is sand and cement render sponge finished to match the existing, after we finished i had the customer out to inspect our work to which they were well pleased. a few days has passed and it has now been painted and the scaffold removed.
now here is my problem - the customer now say they are not happy with the work saying the patches dont blend in, i had a look and it seems that it has rained overnight and washed the surface exposing a sandy gritty texture - certainly not how we left it. what is the best course of action to rectify it. i cant hack it off and redo it as there is no scaffolding and would have to be done from a ladder / tower as it would be prohibitively expensive to hire another scaffold. would it be possible to take the paint off with a wire brush and rub a strong sand and cement mix in to bring back the finish or is there another solution we can try. has anybody else had this problem any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hello mate. I have to say if they was happy when you finished then it's a done deal
but I think it doesn't matter how good you are a patch is a patch and you will all ways see it plus you have years of paint on the house and only 2 or 3 coats round the patches. Hope this helps and it gets sorted.

Must say that render is a sod to patch as you will always see it . First off you should of explained to the customer before you started that it is a patch job so it will always be seen but you will do your best and secondly if it was looking like it was going to rain could you not have covered up in some way ?.

I always say ,a patch up will show how ever good you are ,hard way to learn mate but dig your hills in a bit and see how it works out ,what ever you do it will show ,best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.