Rendering Piers

yogi2dab

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum but have some basic plastering experience and very much enjoy the work. Hopefully you pro's will be able to help me with some advice. I have two gate piers at home (pictures attached) that I'm planning to render, there are also walls either side that will be rendered and I have rendered walls before so not a complete newbie, but never rendered piers before. The Mrs would like to keep the tile detail at the top of each pier and have it rendered, which sticks out about 20mm, my preference would be to cut them off to make the job easier but I can see why she want's to keep them. What are my options here? Can I bead them and then render them? Could I cut them off and replace with something better to create the same look? What do you guys think? Also, would you put a stop bead around the bottom of each pier? Obviously this is standard practice for walls but what about piers?

Thanks for all you help guys, much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6413.JPG
    IMG_6413.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_6415.JPG
    IMG_6415.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_6414.JPG
    IMG_6414.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 250
Bungalow up.street from.me has just been done. In white render. Think its mono but cant be sure from distance .. got the dark grey window frames. They rendered the piers n front wall posts and it looked shite. Then one day I drove by and they had tiled it. I.ll grab a pic next time i pass

Only in Barnsley!!!!!
Bungalow bout three down look to be doing same. I feel I need to take dogs out now to get sneaky pics lol.. its mad my house is worth bout 110.000 . You get to this road leading in to village . And its 400.000 ish a pad

Bungalow bout three down look to be doing same. I feel I need to take dogs out now to get sneaky pics lol.. its mad my house is worth bout 110.000 . You get to this road leading in to village . And its 400.000 ish a pad

Stop pissing about if your getting camera out...we ant seen your lasses denim shorts now since last summer you selfish git!!!!