Rendering over polysteel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi their tpf, have any of you rendered a house made from polysteel. The cavitys filled with concreate and its insulated inside and out. I recently done a wet dash over EML fixed into the steel straps it was a complete nitemare it took a week to lath 80m2, ran a stop bead round the top and inside of the ingoes, corner beaded all arises, scratch coated and then wet dashed it, using sand cement which i was not happy with, The clients were not wanting to pay for an acrylic render they moaned about running low on cash and all the crap, so i agreed to do it using the sand cement, to my disbelief the render has bloody cracked at every stress point, and up and down some arises, totaly gutted, its boggled me i havent seen that happen over EML, have seen it on scrimed buildings that dont have scrim square stress pads on them. made sure the EML was done to a top standard so didnt feel cutting stress pads was necessary, have said to client that they will need to get cash for krend or powerwall. anyone heard of this kind of thing before or is it just me thats unlucky enough to experiance this lol, ryan

yes mate we do alot TBH they aint the best ICF out there

I always point out the problems with S&C when rendering over anything like insulation or carrier board - it just aint gonna do the job. I would refuse to do the job unless they paid for a polymer system.

See my posts on EML v SCRIM MESH post in this section also I was only on about how EML is no crack prevention method yesterday in that discussion

its all about the money.....

You cant polish a turd......

you get what you pay for......

want silver but can only afford tin.......

Last edited:
although obvious now in future if you arent happy about doing something just let the client be aware that you cant guarantee it against failure like you could with alternative methods.

thanks very much for the replys guys, been to busy to get a min on the p.c... dont think stress pads would have done a thing its just sand cement cracks, really do wish i had stuck to my guns and refused to do job with s and c, the bloody idiots wqant the garage done now lol, defo be going fot the polymere based render, yea all down to penny pinching thanks again peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.