rendering on smooth concrete walls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrdsking

hi all,
been to see a job this morning, they've knocked all the plaster and boards off the walls to leave a smooth concrete shell so it can be rendered with a "retro" finnish.
me question is what is the best way of bonding the s/c to the walls.
btw i start tomorrow

The sbr makes it go hard I wouldn't use sand cement over gypbond internal or external it's like rendering over paint with sand in **** all key especially over smooth faced cement

ive brushed sbr on before but will it go on well with a roller as there's a lot to go at and time is looking to be an issue

it should all be scabbled all over, then washed down to remove all dust, then stippled with SBR/OPC SLURRY MIX then scratched /floated IMO .
we do this with cast swimming pool walls,except i now use weber OCR tiling !! instead of ordinary S&C...... Hope this helps .....

All of the above work mate and need between 1-3 days curing time so you're going to look a complete **** because you don't know what the **** you're doing you chancer

chancers a bit harsh, i know i'm not a time served plasterer, but ive been doing it now for ten years an all me work comes from recommendations. got this job dropped on me and was unsure.. thats why ive asked

Sbr mixed with cement to a brushable slurry. Apply render scratch coat onto it whilst wet and tacky. Let the scratch coat set hard before second coating.

Status
Not open for further replies.