Rendering , old pics

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorupnorth

Private Member
We had a topic going a while back about sand/cement rendering and i mentioned putting some pics up if i could find em ,these were taken 25 years ago , here we go.
img043.jpg

not a bead in sight
img042.jpg

me on top lift
img045.jpg

img044.jpg

img041.jpg

nice pics.
The days of no hard hat, high vis, boots, gloves, glasses, dust mask etc..

Nice pics mate, hope no one stepped on the tower with all the cross braces going in the same direction :eek:

those were the days , going to work was exciting because you never new if you would return with all your legs and arms. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Remeber my dad had a plank snap when he was skimming a stairwell, we had the normal setup at the time, T piece against the wall with a plank running to the landing. smashed his angle to bits

Great days,judging buy the scaffolding ur lucky to be living 25 years longer lol,nice job.Just dont get that sort of work now days,it goes to the big companys.
Id be happy with a 4 bed detach reskim.

minty said:
Whose that thin fellow holding the steps with a full head of hair :D :D ;D ;D
That's my old man , he died 23 year ago , i'm the one on the top lift on the gable.
This was a n extension to a sue ryder home in hitchin near luton and the architect was a pain in the arse , he was on the job nearly every day checkin the finish, the larger big panels were supposeed to look like the roughcast on the main building after years n years of paint build up , was a strange job, and like you say health and safety was not top of the agenda,

Nice interesting job Paul, I still think the rendering looks better on a lot of jobs without beads. When I first started we were on a job where they didn't use beads inside even though it was new housing, now that wasn't so good. Did you have to get your passport stamped working all that way down south?

looks really good paul but these days does anybody want to pay for a job like that... must have taken hours to set up the timbers..... bet there was a fair amount of foul language coming off the scaffold that day

Status
Not open for further replies.