Rendering Koi carp pond

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olican

Private Member
Alright chaps, been asked to price up an unusual job so Im FISHING for some advice. The picture below will show what Im talking about. The existing pond is block built with a plastic liner, the Client wants to deepen this pond by about a foot and render the inner walls, which will be painted by himself with a paint suitable for ponds.

Will it be safe to use regular sand and cement? wont be harmful to fish
what depth base concrete will be needed to allow for 6000 ltrs of water?

I used to be reluctant to take on these types of jobs but I know any FIN is possible if you dont TROUT yourself when opporTUNAty presents itself. Any way, MULL it over and let me know what you think.

If you can think of any better fish puns, let MINNOW!!!

:RpS_thumbsup::RpS_thumbsup:

Alright chaps, been asked to price up an unusual job so Im FISHING for some advice. The picture below will show what Im talking about. The existing pond is block built with a plastic liner, the Client wants to deepen this pond by about a foot and render the inner walls, which will be painted by himself with a paint suitable for ponds.

Will it be safe to use regular sand and cement? wont be harmful to fish
what depth base concrete will be needed to allow for 6000 ltrs of water?

I used to be reluctant to take on these types of jobs but I know any FIN is possible if you dont TROUT yourself when opporTUNAty presents itself. Any way, MULL it over and let me know what you think.

If you can think of any better fish puns, let MINNOW!!!

:RpS_thumbsup::RpS_thumbsup:

is the bloke in the pic doing magic........................:RpS_unsure:

What you COD do is use a TANKing system, depends what sort of SCALE the job is REELy :rolleyes)

all sounds a bit fishy to me... eel probably want it deeper, whale have to wait and see...

on a serious note, I imagine using chemical renders containing cementiuos addtive wouwld potentially be poisionus to the fish, aslso using waterproofers. you might have to do it in clay and let it dry naturally before filling it, like a natural pool found in the wild.

I think you need to have a read up on it oli... koi carp are mega bucks and you dont wanna get blamed... although they are painting it in pond paint.... so maybe whatever you use will be ok...

Email me when you are free i have an idea :)

I did one about 8 year ago , I used traditional sand and cement with added fibours bought from a koi supplier . Scratch and top coat then paint with pond paint . When the top cost ha set burn of the fibours with a blow torch before painting . Never had a problem

Just render as normal with waterproofer then it's either sealed with a G8 pond sealer or fiberglassed. , you can buy made to measure pond liners and the base needs to be six inch and reinforced with a 14 2 steel mesh , if he's serious then this would be an ideal time to fit a bottom drain and a mid return to keep the water moving and the bottom free of crap, he may also have to increase the size of his pump and filtration

Just render as normal with waterproofer then it's either sealed with a G8 pond sealer or fiberglassed. , you can buy made to measure pond liners and the base needs to be six inch and reinforced with a 14 2 steel mesh , if he's serious then this would be an ideal time to fit a bottom drain and a mid return to keep the water moving and the bottom free of crap, he may also have to increase the size of his pump and filtration

Thanks for the replies lads, my laptop has expired so hence delayed gratitude.....just like the missus :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.