Rendering job in France

dfps

Hi
Been asked to do a rendering job on concrete blockwork ( garden retaining walls around a pool ) and was thinking of using a sand /cement /lime mix as there may be quite a bit of heat/cold expansion/contraction so want a bit of flexibility.

Would normally add hydrated lime to the mix to aid workability and give a little flexibility.

Has anyone worked in France and knows what hydrated lime is called over there and maybe some national suppliers names where it would be stocked.

Thanks

When ever we work in France we take our own materials with us.
We also make up some food with us as we know what a s**t hole of a place it is. It nigh impossible to get a Frenchman to do any work.

Hi
Been asked to do a rendering job on concrete blockwork ( garden retaining walls around a pool ) and was thinking of using a sand /cement /lime mix as there may be quite a bit of heat/cold expansion/contraction so want a bit of flexibility.

Would normally add hydrated lime to the mix to aid workability and give a little flexibility.

Has anyone worked in France and knows what hydrated lime is called over there and maybe some national suppliers names where it would be stocked.

Thanks
Chaux Hydraulique (NHL2.5 or NHL3 or NHL5)

see on internet : Saint Astier chaux hydraulique

Hi

Thanks
Where in France are you working?

PRB are a French producer of Building Materials and I can happily put you in touch with one of our team in France.

it's chaux hydratée. I don't know what the frenchies use, but in Belgium I use Supercalco (made by carmeuse) when I use hydrated lime. Of course, I'm too cool for hydrated lime so I use Supervical, which is quicklime.
I think you should be able to find Supercalco or Supervical in France. It's both made by Carmeuse.