Rendering In The Cold

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys do it?

I cant bear to leave the house in this weather... its a complete whiteout here and desperately cold?

Do you just find internal work or just reap the benefits from the warmer months?

What about holidays? Do you have your holidays now rather than in the summer? Soooo many questions!!!

Danny

I dont touch render till the temps are right but most customers know to have it booked in when weather gets better as for holidays I would rather have a long weekend than a couple of weeks im far to tight to take 2week off work!!:RpS_lol:

I have winter holidays and well pissed off with it to. Just to expensive in the summer to lose wages plus the labour problems yhat come with it.

Rendering? Average 2 days a week in winter, so far got 4 days in this year.

I started prep for a mono job this week,managed to get rend aid type product on but last 2 days I've had to give it a miss and go to some indoor work.:RpS_thumbup:

when we use to sub off a large plastering co. we would render all year round. the scaffold would have a roof on, with netting up the sides. if the forecast was below 2 deg. they would cover the side of the scaffolding with tarps. and place heaters under the work. the firm would employ security guards to make sure that the heaters are kept running and that the work is not damaged by the local idiots.
this is called protection of work and it is in the specs.

We are rendering tomorrow . The cold don't bother me,it's fine once is above four on average , got 25 litres of frost proofer in the barrel, rarely have a holiday ,once every 5 yrs or so,hospitals aside,

This winter has been pretty warm and dry so far haven't lost too many days yet still plenty of time to change I guess!

youre only here once you should have a holiday everytime the kids are off school WORK TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO WORK as for rendering in the winter not a chance

Yes it's been pretty good so far,I have managed ok with rendering jobs up until this week,tomorrow and onwards look promising though in my area 3to 8 degrees and no rain.

How do you guys do it?

I cant bear to leave the house in this weather... its a complete whiteout here and desperately cold?

Do you just find internal work or just reap the benefits from the warmer months?

What about holidays? Do you have your holidays now rather than in the summer? Soooo many questions!!!

Danny

reap the benefits 10 months of the year, jan and feb are bleak that's a given, anything done in those months are a bonus.
we do bits and bats ive got 4 projects on the go at present but just putting scaffold up or beading up etc.

although one job at present we went up in the van on Tuesday its up in the yorks dales its a part bleak spot , it said -2 in van we got out and one of my lads has a temp guage and it was -9 with the wind chill. :-0

holidays -yep Barbados next month. :RpS_thumbup:

This winter has been pretty warm and dry so far haven't lost too many days yet still plenty of time to change I guess!

not in north Yorkshire, its not getting above freezing through the day really, since the start of the month.

rendering fine this time of year, as long as you know what your doing ,theres loads of things you can do to help .

We got 3 months of render booked. Topped and finished an ewi in woking yesturday.
today we got two newbuilds. So done a hit inside this am and lunchtime went outside and topped half a house

I'll render if needs must but getting softer in my old age, happier skimming my 20 m a day :RpS_thumbsup:. ( that's a 2 gauge day by the way )

youre only here once you should have a holiday everytime the kids are off school WORK TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO WORK as for rendering in the winter not a chance
Not interested in holidays , used to work 6 days and 2 nights, now down to 5 days mostly doing a rare sat every now and then.rendering in the winter happens quite a lot, once it's mild enough ,why not,

First two weeks was too windy then too cold and snow Tuesday night and all yesterday.

Having a go tomorrow, bit of stone pointing. Hacking off next week.

First job this year will be March/April when it (and me) warms up. Spent enough time freezing me knackers off over the years :RpS_thumbdn:
You do appreciate how lovely and warm your house is when you get home to thaw out though :RpS_unsure:

Not interested in holidays , used to work 6 days and 2 nights, now down to 5 days mostly doing a rare sat every now and then.rendering in the winter happens quite a lot, once it's mild enough ,why not,

each to there own i know i prefer sitting on a beach to working 24/7

Got a Chimney to hack off tomorrow and scratch, it's right on the coast and three stories high. Will be open to the elements alright

Hmmm fair enoough... I hate the cold my hands jam up and seem to stub everything...

Cant wait to be sweating my nuts off this summer :)

The colds not too bad it's going to work in the dark and coming home in dark I don't like. Don't get me wrong I'm not afraid of the dark lol but it's just depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.