Rendering help needed(Urgent)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordon

Hi Guys,

Went round a mates house to price up a job,skimming shower room walls on pb,skimming walls in kitchen and some small scale rendering to be done,not a problem.I need advise on outside rendering as have only done patch jobs before and dont want to mess it it as he is a good mate.The side of the house render is blown and has been taken back to bare brick so new beading and bellcast beads need to be fitted.What should I do as dont want to say yes and crack on only to encounter problems due to my inexperience when comes to rendering?.Got the job for a good price also.

Any help and guidance great appreciated.

Cheers

just tell him that you havent done much rendering mate and cant gaurentee a good finish better to be upfront about it if he's a mate , we can all give you good advice on how to do it but putting it into practice is another thing

dont you know any other spreads that could do it for you,particually if youve got a good price in on the job,you could labour for them so you get on the job training and also make a bit of £ on top

Only Big Mart,but cant get hold of him at moment,emailed him but no luck yet,was going to say if someone wanted to do the rendering for £150.00 that lives in or around Bristol.

fordon said:
Only Big Mart,but cant get hold of him at moment,emailed him but no luck yet,was going to say if someone wanted to do the rendering for £150.00 that lives in or around Bristol.

Hey fella, whats the job?? Bit vague, is it the whole house side that needs doing, or what??

Its some internal work below the window in the kitchen(Some bricks missing and need replacing also) and part of the side of the house from door way to back corner at side of the house(About 6m sq).Have only done patch work before and dont feel comfortable doing this.

As big as this... One i done earlier ;D

Image071.jpg

Image070.jpg

What aint you confident of the scratch, float, bellcasts... or all of it mate??

Reason i ask is that if you can prep it scratch coat, bell casts etc then i dont mind doing the float for you, otherwise its not going to be able to all be done in a day!! Really need a day for the scratch to set before floating.

What part of brizzle is the job??

All of it really like I said aint nothing like this before in "The real World",Brislington about 4 miles from me.

Right!!

Thing is im busy for the next week so couldnt do it then, how urgent is it??

I do have a number for James from bristol... Remember James??

Yes he works for me now and again.Will have a word with me mate and see if he can hold off til next monday 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.