rendering garden walls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

got 2 garden walls to render old render has all blown so will take it all off one of the walls and re do in 2 coats.

the other wall has only half blown and the other half is pritty much solid is it possible to remove blown render off this wall and patch up to old and then do one top coat over bth old an new render? , with ivious scratch in new an chissle old for new render top coat to grip. also will i get away with just hose piping the walls b4 puttin scratch on walls , what mix to u recomend? thanks lads gaz

All the above then yes you can do what you ask. All you need is a good key for the render to stick to like a sbr slurry coat. If you can get hold of mesh this would be good to bed into your base coat .

sorry what do i do with sbr and at what point? whould i put it on the old solid render also? sorry for silly questions never used it b4. thanks mate

an yes i was goin to buy eml for base coat on the wall with old render. can i put scratch on same day as sbr?

There is a few ways you can do it, I am thinking the wall is not painted so you can role or brush a sbr mix onto render or make a mix with it in your scratch
coat then apply top coat without the sbr. Forget the eml if you can not get hold of plastic mesh then put fibres in your mix. I mix my 1 of sbr 4 of water. You can do it all in one day or leave scratch coat over night .

is the wall a retaining wall does it have any weep holes has it got a coping on it with a capillary drip or has it been rendered across the top etc what Im getting at is why has it blown

i think it had blown because it had been rendered to the floor and it was cement fllor so water was just at base of wall soaking up when i took blown off it was mainly the bottom half that blown and loose on top half so took all off , the brick underneath was soaking wet i think it was cus it was soakin up the render from the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.