Rendering chimney seat.

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairybear

Guys,

a guy needs his chimney breast refloating, including the seat. He's putting a log burner in there so I've advised using vitcas but he wants to keep the cost down.

Any tips? Personally I hard walled mine 7 years ago and never had a problem but BG only guarantee it up to 49 degs.

What at you think.....sand cement with a part lime or what?....

cheers.

If you've advised victas and he's said no because of cost then just crack on with hardwall and tell him you ain't liable for any cracking. Sick of customers wanting everything done on the cheap....... Bonding and multi it. Fk them.

I did one last year and purposely asked the customer to get a spec off the stove company. 1 coat 4:1:1 with no angle beads

used a vermiculite board on mine. but quite expensive. if i did it again id use lime render or cement board. ive seen loads around here by the same outfit in the last few months and they use cement board and just paint it, intumescent silicone down the joins. looks great. and cheap. used edge beads on mine to leave a nice recess with multi with fibres in for the breast with no probs. this gives you an idea:

Lining a fireplace - GREAT results | The Stove Fitter's Manual

ffs. if i was doing it again id just do it all in lime render and use your darby for the edges

Status
Not open for further replies.