Rendering After Damp Proofing.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger87

Hi guys. I am a novice when it comes to any sort of plastering work.

I have just bought a 1930's house which is in need of damp proofing- which I am doing myself to save some cash.

I understand the injecting part of the process, I just need some advice on the rendering after the external walls have been injected.

As advised I have removed 1m of the existing plaster work on the internal walls and all of the plaster on the external walls that need injecting.

My question is... Which walls need to be rendered and how much of the wall? Is just the 1m or the whole of the wall?

Thanks in advance

Have a read about the forum its been covered so many times there is a search at the top oh and the "I understand the injecting part of the process" this is the biggest load of bollox goin who diagnosed your damp or what was the symptoms? you may find there is an easier solution oh and welcome to the site

Both used damp meters. Ha no it wasn't.

The area that was showing as damp was against an unused outside toilet (which is being removed)... I'm guessing there could be a leak?

Would it be worth monitoring this while I continue with other work before setting out on a DPC?

Both used damp meters. Ha no it wasn't.

The area that was showing as damp was against an unused outside toilet (which is being removed)... I'm guessing there could be a leak?

Would it be worth monitoring this while I continue with other work before setting out on a DPC?
The toilet is probably not vented and its pushing through into the other way (cold wall). If the place has been empty this is also a problem, no heating or ventilation. The so called damp metre will always give a reading they are made that way if you have other stuff to get on with i would just keep an eye on it for a while.

Thanks for the advice.

Will see how things go... I'm just reluctant to stump up the £1000 quoted for a DPC

Status
Not open for further replies.