Rendering advice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

glen80

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1439575388.022534.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1439575409.065609.jpg

Hi I was hoping someone could give me abit of helpful advice on the best way to prep this rendering job I've got to do in sand and cement. Ill be
honest I mainly just stick to internal work and get other people to do outsides but thought this ones not a big job. It needs a flat sand and cement finish which I can do but only ever really gone over new bricks.

My question is would you just give the wall a good wet down before scratch coat or would you do a
Sbr slurry? Also would you use eml over this as brickwork in places isn't great?

Cheers

When doing sbr slurry does it need to be wet when render goes on it? Does it definitely need eml on it cud the builder I'm doing it for thinks different on that!

Spatterdash with sharp sand/ cement 2:1 with sbr in the mix put 2 litres of sbr I'm a mix then slurry up with water . Scratch coat 3 sand in 15litre buckets 10 litre bucket of cement 5 litre bucket of hydrated lime and a baked bean / soup can full of sovereign rendermix oh and 1 of the sand should be sharp use the same mix and knock the sharp out in the top coat use freeflo in top coat if needed to give you a bit more time . This mix will not crack

View attachment 6601View attachment 6602

Hi I was hoping someone could give me abit of helpful advice on the best way to prep this rendering job I've got to do in sand and cement. Ill be
honest I mainly just stick to internal work and get other people to do outsides but thought this ones not a big job. It needs a flat sand and cement finish which I can do but only ever really gone over new bricks.

My question is would you just give the wall a good wet down before scratch coat or would you do a
Sbr slurry? Also would you use eml over this as brickwork in places isn't great?

Cheers
clean the moss away give it a good coat of Eglington polymore stiple coat. first mix 4 1 mix whith sbr and fiber and finish whith 5 1 1 mix whith a touch of feb mix for workability

Just wash it scud 2to1 4to1 scratch 5to1 top coat some lime in the top coat if you feel like it. Cheap as chips

Spatterdash with sharp sand/ cement 2:1 with sbr in the mix put 2 litres of sbr I'm a mix then slurry up with water . Scratch coat 3 sand in 15litre buckets 10 litre bucket of cement 5 litre bucket of hydrated lime and a baked bean / soup can full of sovereign rendermix oh and 1 of the sand should be sharp use the same mix and knock the sharp out in the top coat use freeflo in top coat if needed to give you a bit more time . This mix will not crack
Hes just starting out, think his head is scrambled now.

Status
Not open for further replies.