Rendering advice please

Mbsun

I am after some advice please.

I have a 30s semi, and the render is mess. I think its original but has possibly been re coated at some point. In some small places like window reveals it has come off, but its heavily cracked and some water penetrates it.
There is a large 2 story extention on the back that was built 15-20 years ago. It's just sand cement render, paint is peeling in places but it was poorly applied (I am a bricklayer and could get a more uniform finish I believe), itjas a few hairline cracks especially from the corners of windows and a couple of repairs to cracks that have obviously been chased out and reapplied which looks mess. Essentially I believe its pretty solid though (I wouldn't fancy trying to get it off put it that way)

I am wondering a few things
1, best product to use on the older part of the house?
2 , if there is product which can be thinly applied to the newer part over the top of the render which matches?
3 , approx price per meter inc any removal and preparation in yorkshire

I know sand cement is cheaper but I don't want to have to paint and maintain and tbh I see in straight lines and I will hate it

I am after some advice please.

I have a 30s semi, and the render is mess. I think its original but has possibly been re coated at some point. In some small places like window reveals it has come off, but its heavily cracked and some water penetrates it.
There is a large 2 story extention on the back that was built 15-20 years ago. It's just sand cement render, paint is peeling in places but it was poorly applied (I am a bricklayer and could get a more uniform finish I believe), itjas a few hairline cracks especially from the corners of windows and a couple of repairs to cracks that have obviously been chased out and reapplied which looks mess. Essentially I believe its pretty solid though (I wouldn't fancy trying to get it off put it that way)

I am wondering a few things
1, best product to use on the older part of the house?
2 , if there is product which can be thinly applied to the newer part over the top of the render which matches?
3 , approx price per meter inc any removal and preparation in yorkshire

I know sand cement is cheaper but I don't want to have to paint and maintain and tbh I see in straight lines and I will hate it
Make your mind up, are you a bricklayer or do you see in straight lines? Highly unlikely to be both.

I never said I wall in straight lines, just see

My point being, if a product is tricky to apply flat I would prefer a different product which is perhaps easier for a plasterer to achieve a good result