rendering advice please

Members online

Past shocking that, very unscrupulous to carry out work like that. Need to be held to account
It won’t happen though. He won’t come back, should be able to put his details out there somewhere so people don’t use him, damn site better idea than all these other shite checker things that just want your money

It won’t happen though. He won’t come back, should be able to put his details out there somewhere so people don’t use him, damn site better idea than all these other shite checker things that just want your money
I think that this is so clearly horrific that going to a small claims court would be a formality.
Not just to recover what has been paid, but also the cost of any damages and rectifying what has been left.

I think that this is so clearly horrific that going to a small claims court would be a formality.
Not just to recover what has been paid, but also the cost of any damages and rectifying what has been left.
I absolutely agree with you just depends if he has any money to pay back, if he doesn’t own a house they can’t put a charge on that either. I have never seen Tyrolean that bad before and I pride myself on my roughness

Hi I have a friend who has had some rendering done on his house over existing and some blown areas removed where needed. Can someone please advise on quality, I think it's pretty poor.

Thanks in advance
8D2B7112-C469-4DF6-919E-1F01D6412A2C.gif

Makes me sick if you robbed £3500 from there house the old bill would nick them . So why can’t it be called theft or fraud or something. The police should say give half the money back or your nicked. But as mouldyoldsod said it can be saved and gone over with more gear. Wouldn’t want to do it off a ladder thou. Perhaps you could send a solcitors letter . Trading standards would also get in contact with the company for free . How long did the job take . Cheers.

Makes me sick if you robbed £3500 from there house the old bill would nick them . So why can’t it be called theft or fraud or something. The police should say give half the money back or your nicked. But as mouldyoldsod said it can be saved and gone over with more gear. Wouldn’t want to do it off a ladder thou. Perhaps you could send a solcitors letter . Trading standards would also get in contact with the company for free . How long did the job take . Cheers.
By the looks of it about an hour

Mouldy old sod, I like that

Clearly the course this guy did only briefly covered “external expired coatings, their uses and application”.........
He obviously was clever enough to buy a book covering the subject. However, I surmise that the page after scratch coat, the one that said “apply the tyrolean mix to the resultant flat surface”, had been torn out, along with the one that said “apply several thin coats of the tyrolean mix from differing angles, taking care to cover the beads evenly”.
So. I think we can all agree that this bloke has made a fine effort, and that it’s not his fault.

He certainly didn’t have a clue when it comes to tyrolean which is what he was trying to achieve, I get the make your own kick as we do the same but it he seems to think it’s done in the same way as rough cast. There should have been a flat base coat for the tyrolean not a scratch coat. He could try telling them to come back as it can be done off a ladder if the scaffold has gone but to be honest I think they won’t. It could be covered with a few more coats of Tyrolean so all is not completely lost just find an older spread who was around in the seventies and eighties he should know what to do
Ok mate for a tyrolean finish a certain process must be followed
1 no waterproofer
2 scratch coat first and then top coat rubbed smooth without out any imperfections! With lime in the mix
3 tyrolean built up over 3/4 passes