Rendering a swimming pool question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBruvOfEnglandUK

Private Member
I can render but I don't know anything about rendering a pool. The pool is not going to be tiled. What do I need to know? What additives etc? I am in Spain so a lot of the products you get in the UK may not be available here. We have Sika, Morcem, Puma and Weber products available so if any of them have something you recommend we could use then that might be handy?
Is there a coloured render that would be good?

Sika latex and pool paint .

Attachments

• IMG-20130701-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20130701-WA0000.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 602
I can render but I don't know anything about rendering a pool. The pool is not going to be tiled. What do I need to know? What additives etc? I am in Spain so a lot of the products you get in the UK may not be available here. We have Sika, Morcem, Puma and Weber products available so if any of them have something you recommend we could use then that might be handy?
Is there a coloured render that would be good?

give it a miss pools are a night mare ull lose ur ass if somthing goes wrong get another spread on board with exp trust me for tiles in a pool u cant make mistakes

I rendered the one above 4 yrs ago now in sotogrande (cadiz) still good ,woman changed mind halfway through job from wanting tiled to wanting painted apparently big in the states where she was from .Has been emptied once in that time for additional coats of pool paint .im no expert on pools but lets face it all the pressure is internal :)

Attachments

• P5160009.jpg
    P5160009.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 638
Sorry, m8s. I missed out some details. It's an old pool that has the little mosaic tiles. They are a proper mess and falling off so will be easy to remove. It's above ground. We have pulled down an old terrace that was built around it and are in the middle of rebuilding all of that. The original plan was to render it after the Summer so I hadn't given it much thought yet Now the customer is thinking about getting the pool rendered before the end of April.
So, a bonding agent to fix to the remnants of old tile adhesive? And then what? A scratch coat followed by a fine coat? Is the Sika 1 Waterproofer an additive to put in the render mix?

Hi mate , you will need to strip the tiles of if they are a mess and loose and they are probably on a render coat then you have the pool shell , so if they tiles are loose or the render hollow / boss then hack it of back to the shell then re apple new render and tiles or pool plaster :)

When i got to the pool the guys had hacked most of the tiles off with kangos in some places a Little over enthusiastic , problem being that in some places the original builders or perhaps a later repair had been done using ordinary cola . Found the bags below in pump room :( anyhow i got the guys to scafe back all adhesive which created pitted Surface Application of good gritty latex s&c slurry and then 2 coats of 5-1 with sika latex ,mesh between wet into wet from memory. hope that helps.

Attachments

• P5160005.jpg
    P5160005.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 741
Status
Not open for further replies.