Render over sectional dashed garage

Members online

t33ch

A local childcare centre have asked me if I can smooth over a sectional garage wall as the kids are cheesegrating themselves on it whilst playing.

They've asked for a couple of quotes already but have been told it can't be done (!?). It can't be knocked off like a normal wall so going over is the only option. I thought to scrape off the loose stuff, SBR/cement slurry and then either mesh or put fibres in the mix.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else done this and if so, what did you do?

forget render imo
Best use a pvc shiplap cladding
Fix your battens on end of each panel
Depending on eaves overhang how you finish top

So with a primer. It can go over unpainted render or ocr , would you go ber painted walls with it ?

we like the finish of the 1.5 acrylic best the smaller grit has not got as much texture.
you may need 2 or 3 coats of primer to give the colour of the acrylic to the render. we leave the primer for a couple of weeks before we apply the texture coat as we don't want any suction. we mix a little water with the bucket coat to make it a bit easier to apply.
i scrape the acrylic on, my son follows up, may be another scrape then the finish either rubbed with a blue handle plastic trowel from Refina for 1.5 grit or a bark finish with a roller with a mastic tube over the roller cage.

we don't bother with ocr, either sand and cement or a polymar based base coat.
i have never gone over painted base coat but if the decoration is in good order i can not see a problem.

done a few of these.... splatter coat of adhesive basecoat. ocr on top with mesh then 1mm top

Cheers, sounds like a plan. I was just a bit put out by the refusals they've had.
On the other hand there seems to be plenty of work around at the moment so perhaps the people they asked just couldn't be bothered with such a small pissy job.

Thanks for all the replies.

forget render imo
Best use a pvc shiplap cladding
Fix your battens on end of each panel
Depending on eaves overhang how you finish top

I considered this, but drilling to fix the battens in an old sectional garage could open a can of worms so I'd prefer to avoid this.
Though I could bond the battens on with resin...

Cheers, sounds like a plan. I was just a bit put out by the refusals they've had.
On the other hand there seems to be plenty of work around at the moment so perhaps the people they asked just couldn't be bothered with such a small pissy job.

Thanks for all the replies.
May be they don’t really know what they are doing

The panels on the pre fab garages I rendered are about 900mm wide sections with vertical joints running down the sides, told customers I couldn't guarantee movement so used lath stuck with resin and pinned then scudded with sbr and tight s&c coat strait on then scratch coat while tacky, left harden few days then smooth float coat. Fine hairline here n there but painted up and still looking ok a few years later.