render machines

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a render jod to do after this f**k**g snows gone and iwas thinkiig bout these machines are they as quick ? i no its less labour intensive and could i hire one ?

its a bit like hiring a car when you cant drive. you might spawn it and be ok but the reality is your prob going to run some poor f**k*r over and crash. Bit like that with a machine mate. There's a lot of things that can stop you getting anything on the wall at all! If all goes well then you'll only f**k it up the second time cos you'll have no understanding of why it went ok. :)

sorry not trying to put you off there matey....but I know a few plasterers who went to hell and back with their machine and it put them off for life and went running back to hand applying. Better to spend a few days with a machine outfit or record on ur phone or camera an induction with a dealer. Don't try and take it all in and expect to remember it all in a live situation on site cos you wont. Grab some popcorn and study it every night(now your talking :'() and ask questions on here and you might just come out the other side and not look back.

if ur talking bout a diesel render machine then they are easier, most of it is down to the mix on those but if ur talking about electric machine then without experience it wont happen. diesels are staight forward once u get the mix right then it just pums but electric u have to set ur water right then u have the start up which is where most of the problems happen. but yes they are fast

i brought a machine of a mate who d just come back from germany, he spent one morning with me showing how to set it up and spray, i spent the next 12 months having a fekin nightmare with it ,didnt have a clue what i was doin really luckily we only sprayed toughcoat which is ok as you can leave joints , if wed have been doin mono we would have been in the s**t, then i found out bout l&d and went to see les, learnt more from him in one hour than i did in 12 months on me own , what im trying to say is either work with some one who knows what their doin and learn that way or go and get some proper training from some one whos knowledgeable in machines, doin renders with a machine when you dont know about them is a recipe for a disaster!

thats good advice, ive been spraying for 5 yrs and still have problems now and again

orite naz, do you use a diesel? towing the damn thing and storing has always put me off but do prefer the mix then pump way a diesel does it over electrics

ive had 2 diesels, they are quite good but as i said u have to get the right sand and they are messy to clean, towing aint to bad and if u got a garage to store it all well and good but if u aint then ur f**ked.
they are good machines but u are limited to what u can spray.

All good advice I've been using electric machines for nearly 7 years big learning curve but worth it in the end for a 1 off job get a machine gang in and let them take care of it if you have plenty coming up then think about getting trained to use it . There great bits of kit but if you get the set up wrong they will reduce you to tears

you go for it monkey george probably wouldnt understand toms heavy irish accent and he,s a bit narky

how much u charge for the day we will bead and scratch it there is a gable a small garage and a bac all new work double storey and longish extension there will be two of us floatin and screeding u just come and help us rub and sponge up after u spray it there is a floor screed to do as well if u want it i dont like dion them cant remember measurements but that will b a seperate day proberly middle of next week

i am in bury st edmunds with a machine and f**k all to do,mind you aint got a genny at the moment either

no called in there the other day but nothing doing as they have just laid a lot off, also am new around here.

did the cream insulated system not the blue mono on top or the cream mono thats cracked everywhere

Is there anyone in south scotland or north england who would be willing to take me under there arm for a day just to learn abit more on the machine my one is in the store and I'm just petrified to use it .ps I do make a good cup of tea

naz said:
ive had 2 diesels, they are quite good but as i said u have to get the right sand and they are messy to clean, towing aint to bad and if u got a garage to store it all well and good but if u aint then ur f**ked.
they are good machines but u are limited to what u can spray.

So with a diesel machine can you use normal S&C, just shoveling of a heap of sand into the machine?
If this is the case how much do these machines cost and roughly what are the running costs?
Bloody hell I'm getting interested in a plastering machine, I'm going to go and lie down in a dark room now.

I've got the mtech 300 I used with less lord for an hour or so I think its just a confidence thing need to stop crying about it and get on with it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.