render machine advice wanted!!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartspread

Hi, im looking into buying a rendering machine. I've never used one before and im hoping it will make my life a little easier. Hopefully someone might be able to offer a bit of advice on what machine to get and where to look for them. The contract im on at the moment is scrim and pin over existing dash and finish with new dash the most physical part is the basecoating due to the amount of product we use per property which is hopefully what ill use the machine for, not sure if they are suitable for applying dash receiver but again your advice is most welcome.

For the job in in hand I don't think a machine would be that suitable. Ideally you can imagine spraying on plenty of base coat then turning back meshing and pinning. But there are problems with that. First suction or drying to some degree. Even if. You did manageable area's you will be putting the spray gun down for a while and this is when blockages occur.

I would imagine on the base coat what with meshing and pinning, beading there will be plenty of machine down time.

But for the dash receiver then yes. But realise you will put on the receiver quite fast can you dash as fast! Again, spray a wall, maybe have to turn the machine off whilst you dash then next wall turn the machine on and it has a blockage because of standing time.

I think if you have the man power to keep up with the flow then it will work but a small outfit might find it a bit frustrating.

Hi smart spread, whereabouts are you from

There are a few machines that may be suitable for your needs,

Feel free to give me a ring on 07950309632 and we can advise on the best machine and where your nearest dealer is,

Im based in essex but you also have dealers in rotherham wales and scotland

Regards

Stuart

I have used the ritmo on over dash systems many times. i beaded it all out firt and masked up. then set the machine up and sprayed. Most refurb jobs i would spray the top front and drop back and mesh then the bottom and so on. As temps rise just spray a little less.
For dash receiver adopt the same methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, cheers for your advice. I may hire one for a few weeks to see how I get along with it, I'm sure I could work out a system for getting all the base coating and scriming done before dropping back to pin and bead up.
When it comes to applying dash receiver how much flattening in is needed when applied by machine also how much time should I expect to lose cleaning the machine between each elevation

Status
Not open for further replies.