Render Job

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was asked to quote for a 're-render' job today and was after some advice on how best to prep the wall - Basically a jobbing builder has told the customer he can render their driveway wall and in a nutshell, he cant - He's left trowel lines all over the shop and it looks bloody awful

Its now been painted aswell to make matters more interesting - Can I just put a scratch coat straight onto it or do I need to prep it with anything frst ??

Any advice greatly appreciated - not due to start until March when hopefully the weather warms up

handyman would advise a sbr slurry mesh scratch coat and top coat ;D

smethylboomringrang render wash you can get it at most stockists ;)

sorry mate .....not sure what it stands for it's an external waterproofer /bonding agent ......all i know is if you use it and put a w/proof scratch coat on when you rule the top coat off it sticks to your straight edge not the wall :mad:

when rendering over paint is it the render that pulls the paint off or just a lack of key ?

If the rendering has a poor finish,there is a fair chance that it ain't stuck to the background too well,so my advice would be to get yerself a sharp bolster chisel and hack it all off.
You'd be surprised how easy it comes off and its a job you can do on a rainy/cold day!

You would need to get it cherry picked ie hammer and bolster or scutching hammer to give it a key first ( it a c##t of a job to do) i would try and get them to do it, then when thats done i would give it a slurry coat( throw some pva in this aswell ) leave a few days then scratch then top coat.

you can renaid as long as the render is sound it goes straight over painted surfaces no probs

Status
Not open for further replies.