Render Choice on Wood Wool Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosbrw

Sharp intake of breath I hear.....but bear with me. I am in the process of putting a timber frame 2nd storey on a 60's brick bungalow. I want to clad the upper storey in 25mm thk Wood Wool cement board (typically Heraklith). But...I am totally confused by which render to use. Lime based seems to take ages. I want a render system that breaths, fast, keeps the rain out and has a finished colour. (ps. you can tell I am not a plasterer pro so be gentle !!) :confused:

Plenty of chaps in the know on here . Where to begin @Rigsby @runwithscissors @keithuk to name but a few. Welcome along bud :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also you can use the search bar to look for previous threads on the topic, there have been plenty :RpS_thumbup:

You can use a render carrier board with any thincoat render. Coloured and suitable forwhat i think you are after.
Ifyou are looking for someone to carry out the works add your location and email. Someone local can advise more with a site visit maybe?

you don't have to use a thin coat system, ive used a mineral render on it before using parex ehi, depends on what type of finish your looking for. its fully breathable you don't need a specifc lime render, although ehi has a decent lime content in it.

You could ring the manufacturers like Parex, SPS Envirowall or even the manufacturers of the board. There are lime renders for wood wool boards but lime will be a problem this time of year. Thermocrodex can go on wood wool I think.

All renders are breathable but some allow the passage of moisture better than others. Manufacturers can give data for this.

Hello mate

If you are really keen on using a Heraklith type board - they traditionally you need a high lime content render. I think that K rend and Parex are the 2 main suppliers of these for use on the Heraklith boards (but all the Herklith supplier to check). It is usually a multiple layered render system and each layer has to dry - so not a fast process......

If you want to look at a more modern board and thin coat system onto a timber frame, see the web link in my Signature below - my contact details are in my profile (click on my name - top left - view profile)

As has been said several times - post your E mail and location and you will get some quality contacts from guys from here... always ask for reference projects!

Good Luck!

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.