Render board

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasdad

I've just bought a couple of sheets of render board from penlaws. It's smooth on one side and got a mesh on the other. What side do I render onto. Cheers

I'd render on both sides to make sure you've got the right one [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is Aquapanel Exterior.... you can render on either

On large walls it is smooth side out, but not a big deal..... The batch number is on the rough side, so best not cover that unless you make a note of it

Render soaks into both sides equally as well, but common sense says render the rough side......

No comment for non Aquapanel products....

Good luck

And I thought there were sarky bastards on the car forums. Listen when you want some advice on rendering the old way or float and set I'm your man. Unfortunately I don't do any of this thin coat stuff as I know how to use a feather edge

And I thought there were sarky bastards on the car forums. Listen when you want some advice on rendering the old way or float and set I'm your man. Unfortunately I don't do any of this thin coat stuff as I know how to use a feather edge
I won't need any advice on float and set or old way rendering as you put it as I was taught by a proper plasterer not a skimmer or a dabber and for the record I'm pretty handy with a feather edge myself so why don't you wind ya neck in and take that chip off your shoulder, rather than posting on here and risking getting asrey comments like you've had, try calling the manufacturer and speaking to someone in the technical a department if there worth their salt they'll be more than happy to help

Reactions: Pug
Look mate I was looking for a bit of advice. If youve nothing better to contribute go back to trolling someone else.

Look mate I was looking for a bit of advice. If youve nothing better to contribute go back to trolling someone else.
Look mate I don't troll anyone if you read my post I give you some good information but you've completely missed it! Knob head

What material are you putting on the render boards?

I was hoping I could just use rendaid and then top it with ocr or sand a cement. But it's been a mare getting the board and material that the manufacturer recommends on it top it. It's only about 5Sq Mrs. The rest of the house I'm either hacking off the old painted roughcast stuff or taking a chance going over the top. And the mucky1 if saying 'render both sides to make sure get the right one ' is advice I'd rather not have it

I know what you mean Bobby. Just a bit paranoid about cracks. Bloody rib lath cracks no matter what mix I use

I was hoping I could just use rendaid and then top it with ocr or sand a cement. But it's been a mare getting the board and material that the manufacturer recommends on it top it. It's only about 5Sq Mrs. The rest of the house I'm either hacking off the old painted roughcast stuff or taking a chance going over the top. And the mucky1 if saying 'render both sides to make sure get the right one ' is advice I'd rather not have it
The advice I gave you was to speak to someone from the technical department of the manufacturer your using but it seems your head is that far up your own arse you couldn't see it, the render both sides was a joke but again you missed that as you thought I was being sarky and is it really worth all this for 5m2

Fair enough. I'm partly using my house as a Guinea pig. I've not used renderboard before so thought I'd give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.