Render Beads...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello chaps. I have been wondering if there is such a product as a compound to stick up external render beads as opposed to fixing them with nails/ or sand/cement? any ideas.. regards Dan

pink grip.................welcome to the forum DanDare............:RpS_thumbup:

Aye marra its the same its just............Pink.............why cant u just use the gear your spreading??

hi keith yeah i know all the normal ways/tricks etc but i was thinking there should be a compound on the market to stick beads up with...something nice and plyable like bonding or plasterboard adhesive? i may invent market such product :rolleyes)

If your using hardwall ,stick them with that ,if your using mono ...with that ,sand and cement ect ,but if your thinking no more nails ,the beading is the least of your worries ,best of luck

hello mate..sorry to sound like an idiot. Ive been in the game a long time and know the things yr saying etc. i generally always butter my beads on with the gear im using. But ive been doing a lot of ornate chimney stacks lately and its not always easy to nail or use sand/cement as it can be awkward for them to stick etc...i just got to thinking it would be good to have a good sticky compound to hold them up in tricky situations? p.s i liked yr comment RE pink grip/no more nails....

many many years ago i used bonding and neat cement as i didnt know any better but when it was frosty it got behind it and expanded bonding and blew all the beads.... not good

Why would you use a gypsum plaster to stick up external beads just do it properly and dab em in with your scratch ! or if you have to use something like sticks like **** but make sure it is suitable for external fixing !!

I sometimes hold bead in place and squeeze a bit of melted plastic from a hot melt glue gun through the gaps in the bead. sets straight away. have found as quick as any other method and less of a ballache than some.

Do PVC beads have a place on ornate chimney breasts ?
If you have a labourer , could he hold a lat for you . I think sometimes it can be nearly as quick to scratch it fast and spend more time on the angles when you are floating .

I sometimes hold bead in place and squeeze a bit of melted plastic from a hot melt glue gun through the gaps in the bead. sets straight away. have found as quick as any other method and less of a ballache than some.

someone is now gonna ask you how many plasterers do you know that has a glue gun in there van.............:RpS_laugh:

how many plasterers do you know that has a glue gun on there van??

well let me see........................erm...................................:RpS_unsure: ................just someone mentioned using a heat gun to mould a plastic arch bead and the next post was " how many plasterers carry a heat gun in there van" if you read that line in a twisty spitefull girly way it sounds much better...............so i thought i would get in there like swimwear with my question....................:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
i wassnt asking because i was interested i just wanted to annoy you:RpS_tongue:

someone is now gonna ask you how many plasterers do you know that has a glue gun in there van.............:RpS_laugh:

erm erm erm i have one in mine but tbh dunno why the fack it is there :RpS_confused:
it was sat in Aldi all shiny and new (and cheap) and they had coloured glue sticks and evrything to go with it so it just had to be bought :RpS_thumbup: At least now i have an idea of something to use it on :RpS_laugh:

its abit like your school report...................MUST TRY HARDER.......................:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.