render bead

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
1st I aint happy with the renderplas at the mo, doin a mono job and all the stops are curved or curled making an ar5e of a job for nice fitting
2nd I got a curved brickwork feature that has a real tight radii on it - the stops will not do it and the tile beads wont either :mad: is there anything for tight curves at 15mm for monocouche??? help

no can kirk pal its curved on the top the bottom and i need to render all 3sides had a bit of fascia bent round it today but I cant get the 15mm i need from that to bring it into line with the rest of the beads on the upright section - I never seen anything like this on a house ever before

renderplas beads are s**t ::) , not sure wot you are trying to achieve but can you not cut the back out of a bell bead every few inches to get it round

tried bob still no joy i only have the option of a dedicated profile really otherwise free hand and 3 sets to form it - time is money etc

Dont know if Im on the same wave length? but in the past Ive used two strips of plywood to form a stop on a curved wall (one 10mm screwed to the brick and a 6mm screwed on top of that) depending on how tight the curve is, you might have to put saw cuts in the back of the 10mm piece.

yeah i have a protektor catalogue and they supply nearly all the ewi firms but their outlet-wemico are miles away and I needed em today. anyhows its done now.
protektors av loads of good stuff but I find the thin coat suppliers only bring in the most used stuff but there are so many good profiles in that book makes you wish you were in germany

direct building products have a good range and they are free. they open an account for you straight away then and dont bother paying

How did you end up doing it as I've said before in this situation I've used a waterproof mdf which will bend to a full 360

Status
Not open for further replies.