render bead makers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
every time i get renderplas of late there is always a problem curled flanges on the stops and brittle plastic sometimes cracks when cutting also from keels they keep givin me 15mm stops and 17mm corners and they insist they are 15mm even when i went back and held the two profiles together showing one bigger and even put the tape measure on it to prove it but they just wont listen. THEY DONT LINE UP!

Now I admit I am very fussy about beading up nI feckin hate shoddy beadin but your pi55in in the wind when they dont supply the right ones. "oh we got ivory and (er let me guess ??) white"

i can get sas probeads from one supplier but its an organised delivery order etc I want to be able to just roll up and grab em sometimes.

Anyone got any good bead suppliers they wanna tell us about in northwest?

Thats my rant over now

plasterjfe said:
every time i get renderplas of late there is always a problem curled flanges on the stops and brittle plastic sometimes cracks when cutting also from keels they keep givin me 15mm stops and 17mm corners and they insist they are 15mm even when i went back and held the two profiles together showing one bigger and even put the tape measure on it to prove it but they just wont listen. THEY DONT LINE UP!

Now I admit I am very fussy about beading up nI (french word)in hate shoddy beadin but your pi55in in the wind when they dont supply the right ones. "oh we got ivory and (er let me guess ??) white"

i can get sas probeads from one supplier but its an organised delivery order etc I want to be able to just roll up and grab em sometimes.

Anyone got any good bead suppliers they wanna tell us about in northwest?

If I'm in the north west i always get me r beads in Knock. Christy Moores always got a good
supply, just outside Charlestown. Anyone for the last few chock ices ?

Try L& D mate they have every type of bead you could imagine , even the ones for forming string bands a mullions round windows etc

Catnic manufacturer a wide range of PVCu bead (white, ivory, cream now available as standard) galvanised beads and stainless steel beads.

I'd argue our beads are probably the most rigid in the market place because we ensure we dont down gauge the material.

If anyone wants to know there local stockist I'd be happy to receive a personal message with the required post code and I'll reply with stockist details.

Regards
Barry

dont bother with 15mm plastic beads, always use 10mm. once there dabbed on you have your 15mm. you can get get beads from sas in exeter , probeads.

10mm is cool but you have to be extra careful to keep your dabs back on mono or you'll get them popping through in places cos of the reduced lip

like goody said dont push them back tight, if your going to nail or use hammer fixings then use 15mm , what we will sometimes do is use 15mm drips and 10 beads, before anyone says, yes you do dab you beads out to meet the drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.