Render archbeads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Alreet lads........someone put a link up for these render arch beads and i cannit find it so can anyone remeber where to get some from?? got a couple of porthole windows to do on some council houses but a dont wanna buy a box of 50 cos.....................i havent got 50 portholes so if anyone knows somewhere to get a slack handful tit wood be much appreicated..................:RpS_thumbup:

why use beads, just cut a circle in a piece of hardboard. render the reveal first, drop the template the next day and render the wall.
this is the method that we used recently on a building with 10 archways on it.

Have you contacted the owner of this shop and asked him if its ok to come in and start selling your own stuff? If you have i apologise, come in grab yourself a pint in the pub section, get yourself set up in that corner of the forum and good luck i hope it works out. If not get the **** out of this shop you cheeky **** and go and have a word with the owner xx OH and welcome.

i got a slack handfull the other day from direct building supplies..........they cost £3.50 each and a tenner delivery.............fcuk buyin a box of 50 when i need 3 beads

Have you contacted the owner of this shop and asked him if its ok to come in and start selling your own stuff? If you have i apologise, come in grab yourself a pint in the pub section, get yourself set up in that corner of the forum and good luck i hope it works out. If not get the **** out of this shop you cheeky **** and go and have a word with the owner xx OH and welcome.

Take it easy Flynny. He's obviously not trying to sell his own products, otherwise he'd know that the bead he put forward as a suggestion was only for a 3mm coat and not for render. And he wouldn't want to look that fecking stupid and lacking in knowledge of his own products would he?

Not sure there such a thing as a flexi plastic bead for 15mm render, always done them freehand with a template.

why use beads, just cut a circle in a piece of hardboard. render the reveal first, drop the template the next day and render the wall.
this is the method that we used recently on a building with 10 archways on it.

Tried using a plastic arch bead but the join looked ****. actually the whole job was b*ll***s cos it pissed down and the mono was running down the wall. If i used your method with the hardboard malc would you be able to see the join cos i would have to rub the reveal up to finish it before rendering the front of the arch.....if that makes sense??

Tried using a plastic arch bead but the join looked ****. actually the whole job was b*ll***s cos it pissed down and the mono was running down the wall. If i used your method with the hardboard malc would you be able to see the join cos i would have to rub the reveal up to finish it before rendering the front of the arch.....if that makes sense??
we always pack the template out to about the thickness of the render and when we put on the front of the arch we rub back to the arris [the edge of the reveal]so that you cannot see the joint and water can not penetrate

Renderplas do the arch bead but only for a 6mm depth, another way is to use a bellcast bead and cut the wing every 50mm this works out quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.