Refina trowel

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does Refina do warranty on their trowels? Bought a new one two weeks ago and the top rivets popped already. This is the first Refina ive used and actually like it. Don't want to buy another new one of the rivets are going to pop as quick as this one has, after very light use.

Hi, does Refina do warranty on their trowels? Bought a new one two weeks ago and the top rivets popped already. This is the first Refina ive used and actually like it. Don't want to buy another new one of the rivets are going to pop as quick as this one has, after very light use.
I am sure they do which trowel was it?

Shouldn't you being asking refina ? That's normally the first port of call. And congratulations you are probably the only one it's happened to

the s*p*r*lex has not got rivets. they are just glued. a very poor construction. my eldest sons trowel came unstuck and he just stuck it back with super glue.

In that case your contract is with your local merchant, how do you not know what trowel it is lol
Lol I'll just buy a new one and see what happens. Well it only says Refina on the trowel and nothing else so I'd be guessing at what one it was?!

Lol I'll just buy a new one and see what happens. Well it only says Refina on the trowel and nothing else so I'd be guessing at what one it was?!

What ??? Why wouldn't you take it back, fair play to you though if you can chuck around £40/50 on news trowels every fortnight you must be earning a fortune, probably wearing them out lol

I would think it will be changed, depends what condition the trowels in i suppose, had no probs with any of mine... and never heard of a s*p*r*lex breaking, think yours is the premium, I would take it back to the merchants first... g

Here is the trowel after approx 100-150m2 worth of base coating.
Spoke to Refina and they said they would replace it for me. I've just not got the time to take it to the postal office and wait for them to send another one out, as I only have one rendering trowel. I'll just go back to my trusted MT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 472
if they offered to replace it, no questions, then thats all they can do i suppose, its not a marathon nipping in the post office.. I would.. your choice though, no idea what happened to the trowel, like I said, had zero probs with any of mine...

I think a problem with all makes of trowel ( and im not saying this is the case here ) but people dont really look after them, and then they '' break ''

Got the same 16" premium of the newer lot the 'dead flat' ones about 10 months ago. Got to say Im well impressed. Now prefer it to laying on with my 16" Marshalltown or the Nela. Flex is perfect, dead flat and well made. Agree with cassie, never had any problems with any of my Refina gear, long as you don't properly abuse em, they last well.

I've been thinking the same thing. Thought it was just me. The timing of its release was probably why. Its been Nela Nela Nela and gone a lot more unnoticed than it probably should have been!

I use the full range.. and this is true.. maybe a coincidence.. but here it is anyway.. started having a go with a MT extralite 16''.... great trowel... after a month I developed a really bad tennis elbow... switched back to the refina and it went... now, as I said this may be coincidence, but thats a fact.... I love the blade on the refina.. which handle you lads prefer..?

Yeah, leather, wooden, cork and the rubber one thingy. Six quid each. Can give you the link if you want

i use the blue handle, not bothered about the leather one, the cork is solid.. have to get a wooden one to try... if you want a leather one let me know, I;ll send ya one..

Yeah, they were actually pretty good but unfortunately I don't have time to go to a post office, plus it's my only rendering trowel so if I were to send it away I'd be without one till they sent it out. For the record I never use it to scoop render out the bucket/wheelbarrow as I hate having render stuck on the trowel, quite ocd about it. If anything I might have popped it knocking a couple cement snotters off the wall but surely they should be solid enough to handle that?! Anyway, I actually quite the trowel so I'll just see how long it lasts before it goes out of shape then try them again

Got the same 16" premium of the newer lot the 'dead flat' ones about 10 months ago. Got to say Im well impressed. Now prefer it to laying on with my 16" Marshalltown or the Nela. Flex is perfect, dead flat and well made. Agree with cassie, never had any problems with any of my Refina gear, long as you don't properly abuse em, they last well.

I'm surprised it took this long but I knew someone would

So I've just received an email from Refina and after explaining to them I wasn't bothered about getting it replaced as I didn't have the time to send it back and wait on the replacement but they are just going to send one out to me anyway. Said it should be with me Monday. All they asked was that I send the old one out to them when I get the time to do so. I have to say I'm quite surprised with their customer service and would defiently use them again!

Status
Not open for further replies.