refina skimming trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive got one on order.. 25 plus vat and 6 postage,,, back ordered tho.. they run out.. anyway, I was asking if anyone had used the 16'' finishing trowel, not the s*p*r*lex..lol...

Ok i want one for skimming, not sure which is the best is it the plastic or steel on plastic.jpg s*p*r*lex.jpg

are these the ones you are on about

Goin off the subject of refina a lot o the old boys used ta go on about the diston trowel USA import reckon dogs bollox

i did have a green handle diston trowel 11" good trowel in its day against tyzak, ragni and rsj. when the marshall town came out with different sizes on offer the diston disappeared from the market.

Have you left a review on the other refina trowel that you bought?

yeh, few posts up, I started this about the stainless finishing trowel not the s*p*r*lex, although I got one on order to try... i got the 14'' and 16'' ( normal stainless ) its very good, needs breaking in a tad even tho it says ready to go, not as curved as the M/T, but its a solid trowel I like it, took my Tyzack as a back up 1st time tho..lol.. I find the new m/T leave a few blade scores on the finish, had to take em out with the Tyzack... but the refina will be good once Ive broke it in a bit.... my tyzack is an old original not the chinese shite..

yeh, few posts up, I started this about the stainless finishing trowel not the s*p*r*lex, although I got one on order to try... i got the 14'' and 16'' ( normal stainless ) its very good, needs breaking in a tad even tho it says ready to go, not as curved as the M/T, but its a solid trowel I like it, took my Tyzack as a back up 1st time tho..lol.. I find the new m/T leave a few blade scores on the finish, had to take em out with the Tyzack... but the refina will be good once Ive broke it in a bit.... my tyzack is an old original not the chinese shite..

Cheers for that Cassie, what about the weight of that trowel compared to the marshalltown?

Cheers for that Cassie, what about the weight of that trowel compared to the marshalltown?

The trowels weigh about same to be honest, the refina is a little narrower in width.. obviously the 16'' refina weighs a bit more, but havent got another 16'' to compare with.. I like the refina.. my choice would be the refina over the M/T.. the refina handle is pretty much like the M/T aswell... hope this helps.. and for 25 quid plus vat there a good deal, not that price ever comes into it for a finishing trowel, be interested to see how the s*p*r*lex betters my normal trowel in finish, but i;ll give em a go...

The trowels weigh about same to be honest, the refina is a little narrower in width.. obviously the 16'' refina weighs a bit more, but havent got another 16'' to compare with.. I like the refina.. my choice would be the refina over the M/T.. the refina handle is pretty much like the M/T aswell... hope this helps.. and for 25 quid plus vat there a good deal, not that price ever comes into it for a finishing trowel, be interested to see how the s*p*r*lex betters my normal trowel in finish, but i;ll give em a go...

Suprised that you preferred the refina over the marshalltown, be interesting to see what you think of the s*p*r*lex. IDE love to have the classic Tyzak again, it was my first trowel.

Suprised that you preferred the refina over the marshalltown, be interesting to see what you think of the s*p*r*lex. IDE love to have the classic Tyzak again, it was my first trowel.

Always used Tyzacks mate.. never been a massive fan of M/T, had one for dashing.. but like I said the refina;s nice... i remember when the M/t;s come out, all the lads going on about their 14'' bonus trowel.. fuk me..lol.. still didnt put anymore on..lol.. I use the 16'' now, it doesnt put more on than a 14 but its comfy, and you can reach tops of walls without a hop up..lol..

so.. been using the 16'' stainless now for a week, magnificent trowel, even cancelled my back ordered s*p*r*lex today for another 16'' as a back up.. there is no way the s*p*r*lex can get the finish any better/flatter in my opinion.. it may get the same finish but not better, so with talk of the ease the blade can get damaged i cancelled.. im sure the lads who use the s*p*r*lex are right in what they say... but decided to stick with a normal trowel, would highly recommend the refina trowels....

so.. been using the 16'' stainless now for a week, magnificent trowel, even cancelled my back ordered s*p*r*lex today for another 16'' as a back up.. there is no way the s*p*r*lex can get the finish any better/flatter in my opinion.. it may get the same finish but not better, so with talk of the ease the blade can get damaged i cancelled.. im sure the lads who use the s*p*r*lex are right in what they say... but decided to stick with a normal trowel, would highly recommend the refina trowels....

Fair enough. :RpS_thumbup:

I was using @cassie s*p*r*lex today and I have to say I love it. I used it on multi and did the set with no water. Am going to use it on mpfinish at 7 tonight. So let's see how I get on. thanks @cassie ​for the trowel

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the 16" s*p*r*lex and they rang today to say will be new year before i get it :-( Bah Humbug!!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.